Light change time, questions...

Baja Big Dog

OK, going to flower, and 12/12 lighting, should I flush with no nutes for a day? Should I give them 24 sleep before changing lights?

You could and should do both. Flush them about a week before. Then prior to flipping to 12/12 give them a 30 hour dark period, to let em ladies kno u want em to bud, and bud now lol ;):ganjamon:

:surf:

A WEEK?

Thats probably good, I had a cal-mag issue (brown leave tips) so flushing is probably a good idea.

Flush with plain water at 5.7 PH?

I did not flush but did give them a nice 24-30 hour nap before going 12/12. I only fed mine grow nutes 4 times prior to going to flower. About 3 days before giving them a nap I fed them a light dose of flower nutes. They responded very well. Within 5-6 days I had my first females showing.

A WEEK?

Thats probably good, I had a cal-mag issue (brown leave tips) so flushing is probably a good idea.

Flush with plain water at 5.7 PH?

Are you in soil or hydro? If you had cal-mag deficiency im guessing that you were in hydro. Im currently a soil guy, so I dont want to tell you to use hard water for your flush.
Whether to flush or whether not to flush, whether to have a dark period or whether not to is really dictated by grower preference. Some ppl flush, some dont. A flush is beneficial because it can flush any unwanted salt buildup, and other than a couple of weeks during midbloom(usually weeks 3 & 4) nitrogen isnt used as much as it is during veg. Thats why a flush before veg could be beneficial ;). And with the dark period, its been experimented from 24-48 hours and 30-36 hours seemed to be the magical number. A dark period sends your ladies a clear message that its time to get ready to try and get pregnant(what budding is essentially all about) like i said earlier.

Are you in soil or hydro? If you had cal-mag deficiency im guessing that you were in hydro. Im currently a soil guy, so I dont want to tell you to use hard water for your flush.
Whether to flush or whether not to flush, whether to have a dark period or whether not to is really dictated by grower preference. Some ppl flush, some dont. A flush is beneficial because it can flush any unwanted salt buildup, and other than a couple of weeks during midbloom(usually weeks 3 & 4) nitrogen isnt used as much as it is during veg. Thats why a flush before veg could be beneficial ;). And with the dark period, its been experimented from 24-48 hours and 30-36 hours seemed to be the magical number. A dark period sends your ladies a clear message that its time to get ready to try and get pregnant(what budding is essentially all about) like i said earlier.

Thanks Dro...Im in hydro....my water is 0 PPM RO water, PH'ed to 5.7

Back
Top Bottom