Light change

AudioBassiks

ok so i got my electric bill. fuck me 215 bucks.. maybe not that back its up 45 bucks from normal winter 25 from normal summer.. a/c have not gone in yet.. i was useing lights during the day 6am to 6 pm was current cycle.. i am going to go too.. 8pm to 8am this would put me at all off peak times for electric use.. is like 6 cents a khw cheapers

so my question is hw bad am i going to fuck things up with 26 hours of darkness?

and i also wanted to go in and change the room around make it a little bit bigger.. with in this 24+ hour darness i would be in inorder to change to 8p-8a from 6a-6p will i mess them up with giving them little light during this time just for a one time thing then go back to 12/12 at 8 2 night

you can either go 26 hours dark or go 12 dark 2 on 12 dark, to get to were you want to be.

i would say that you will probably be ok either way, but tbh there is a small possibility of hermi. Just how small really depends on a lot of different factors.

I don't think 1 lighting technique will be better then the other to get to your goal, otherwise I would recommend one. But both will work and won't cause reveg.

M own bills have just leapt up an extra £35 a month to an average of total £120 per month & i'm a cheap as chips grower... only using a 125w gaint cfl for vegging on 16/8 & a 400w HPS using a diminshing light routine for flowering !

I feel sorry for those people who are using larger wattage bulbs on a more standard lighting regime...

Due to the recent hike in electricity cost, i'm aware of couple of other growers in my own neck of woods who have scapped using MH for vegging & using less wattage cfls, T5 & T8 tubes for vegging of around 50% to 70% lower wattage of what they use to use with their old MH !

Either that the lighting regime such as gas lantern routine for vegging & the diminshing light routine for flowering will become more popular to save on electric cost :thumb:

i am confused and even more after figureing .. this jarbreaker dont help think i took too much...

the lights went out at between 6 45 and 7 pm lets say 7 my timer is off an hour day light saving time just reliazed this,,

so 3-27 at 7pm lights out lights will go back on 3-28 at 8pm 25 hours off.. when i was in there working i keep the blanket down.. so it say pretty much black out.. when i did look in to get a few mesurements i shut the room light out keep the blanket around me i opened the door stayed there for a 45 count i could not see hand or anything ,, then used a single red led light to see what i needed to see.. lets hope its all all good

ok so i got my electric bill. fuck me 215 bucks.. maybe not that back its up 45 bucks from normal winter 25 from normal summer.. a/c have not gone in yet.. i was useing lights during the day 6am to 6 pm was current cycle.. i am going to go too.. 8pm to 8am this would put me at all off peak times for electric use.. is like 6 cents a khw cheapers

so my question is hw bad am i going to fuck things up with 26 hours of darkness?
if your still in veg stage its hard to screw the plant up and like cricket said you can just change the schedule to what is good for your bill without much worry.
I would forgo the 26hours of dark and just switch to the new schedule whether you are in flower or not and save you some bread:)

If your looking to save money and keep the girls in veg try this light schedual out... works just as good as traditional grow cycles. : )
normal_G-V-F_fit1.jpg

hes in flower now Fishy. thats why I suggested the 12off, 2on, 12off to get on schedule.

lol im confused lil on what he is asking. did he mess up the timing and leave lights on or off for 'too long'?

no he wants to switch to the time he can get cheaper rates on his light bill. I think:)
lol im confused lil on what he is asking. did he mess up the timing and leave lights on or off for 'too long'?

didnt see him say he was in flower cricket. good lookin out
hes in flower now Fishy. thats why I suggested the 12off, 2on, 12off to get on schedule.

HEY THEN ITS EASY AS PIE!!!

THINK!..... in the Wild what would a plant do if there was a solar eclipse or something more likely a cloudy day or rain would block out our light for a day or mabe even two. it wont mess up your flower if you make them sleep longer. i had the opposite issue where i put my plants in flower for 3 days on accident and pistols were shooting up. Once i reverted to a 24 on the pistols fell off and they started to grow again.... same with flower, u will slow down a LITTLE but you probably cant even tell if its only from one day.. if you wanted you could even increase your dark time because that is when the plant grows the most and will give you some huge buds buddy : )

so what i have come up with is all will be fine for the most part .. yes sorry i always miss things yes i am in flower 12/ 12 lighting.

the off peak period is 9pm to 8am peak rate is 7.264 per kwh of peak is 1.262 per kwh this is why i am changing lite times

new lights for flower will be 9pm -8am where i can be all of peak, but i think i will go with 8pm-8am.. flower time i think ill light 2pm to 8am

Back
Top Bottom