Light cycle and harvest

highway star

High guys, I have a question about the light cycle and harvest. I have an outdoor grow and I cover the plant with a large plastic bag at dusk untill dawn, because of two street lights, I feel the flowering stage was being delayed because of the street lights, now the flowering has started very nicely, but should I continue covering the plant all the way through to harvest or would the plant keep flowering on its own? thanks in advance. ::grinjoint:

I would be concerned about humidity, air flow and mold with covering a blooming plant with a plastic bag consistanly over night. I have read in the MMJ bible that a streetlight (specifically can cause the part of the plant to keep vegging. It can also confuse ur plant and cause stress.The parts of the plant that started flowering already under those conditions will continue to flower. I'd find a better way to cover up. In my grow there are display lights from an AC that stay on and small light leaks and everything is still doin what its suposed to. Check out a grow called "Dirt Farmer's Backyard Giants". I have a good feeling u'll get an idea or 2 from his grow.

Thanks for the answer guys and yes BWC I have been worried about the mold.I cover the entire plant but I do not close the bag at the bottom,but IM really worried about the lack of airflow, I will read the backyard grow Thanks hightide and BWC. happy growing.:smokin:

Not makin any points with the local street maint folks... but if there's one thing you can count on... it's the speed at which gov agencies respond. No doubt a couple well placed shots will end his issues for a few months at least. Of course, I'm just thinkin outside the box... damaging city lights is way beyond me... of course.

Of course... the funny irony is that my family actually has a bit of a history of city level public service and at one point very early in my life, my father came home one snowy night complaining about someone taking out a tree on mainstreet... his indirect responsability.... OF COURSE it was my doing.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom