Light Cycle for Autoflower?

Santurro99

Hello, I was wondering on the ideal light cycle for White dwarf autoflowers from seed? Should I give em 24 hours of light once planted then go to a 20/4 once they break the surface of the soil? Any input would be appreciated.

You can keep your autoflowering girls on any light schedule that you like. They will flower regardless of the schedule. Just keep in mind that the more time your lights are on, the more electricity you will use. Just food for thought.

You will probably ask what the difference in yield is for autoflowers under 20 hours of light vs 12 hours of light. That I can't answer. Since you can't take cuttings from autoflowers (to test this theory out), it's difficult to compare 2 different plants from 2 different seeds because there is always going to be standard deviation of phenotypes.

I would suggest this: if you have them under a couple CFL's, give them at least 18 hours of light. If you have them under HID lights, 12 hours should be enough. Hope this helps.

Cool, thanks for the input. Im using a 400w mh/hps in a small 3x2x5 tent. Heat is an issue so id like to cut down on the lighting as much as possible. Cheers.

Cool thanks, Im not too worried about the electric bill b/c I am only using a 400w light. My biggest concern is burning my place down but I dont have that much plugged in so I am not too worried about that either. Space is a issue as my tent is small, probably can do 3 atm. Heat is a concern as well but how much difference is it gonna make if i go 18/6 or 20/4? Seeds have sprouted and will go in soil tomorrow. I did hear that once they start to show flowers it is best to switch to a hps bulb but maintain the same light cycle? Thanks for the help!

Hey there Santurro - As I understand it you would be correct as far as switching to HPS once they start flowering. They don't need 12/12, but they will flower better with HPS (though they'd flower under either, technically).

I would switch to HPS at start of flower and keep them at 20-4, just like you suggested.
:goodluck:

One last thing: I believe PetFlora is a good source of knowledge on autoflowers and has started a great thread here:

AutoFlower Info Blog

Hello, I was wondering on the ideal light cycle for White dwarf autoflowers from seed? Should I give em 24 hours of light once planted then go to a 20/4 once they break the surface of the soil? Any input would be appreciated.
Do 18/6.Gives the gurls more darkness. That stored light energy goes to work when its dark. Thats what Im most in favor of. My little opinion.

Back
Top Bottom