Light cycle question

Vestrimatrik

So as I understand it by reading a bunch of other posts about light cycles, cannabis plants grow and build hormone at night. During the day they gather the energy to do so.
They build up so much hormone in fact that with 12 hours a day of darkness the have the ability to produce their flowers.

Now my questions are:
What would happen if the light cycle was changed to 1 day off, 1 on, 1 off and so on.
Would it take longer for the flowers to "mature"?
How would the growth and bud size be affected?

If anyone has tried this please let me know what your experience was, or if you have scientific data that supports why this wouldn't work.

I think your plant would get confused and throw out some nanners. Life works on time, how long it takes for the earth to revolve around the sun for example. Nature sets the main light timings, we just tweek it to what works.

I've nothing scientific to back it up bit that's just my take on it.
:passitleft:

IIRC, Light Addict has a way of modulating time in flower, so that the day length is increased, but the night time is always 12 hours, or something like that.

I think the florigen production falls off after 12 hours, because it needs the energy from light to build it up in the first place.

Personally, I think plants quite like the old fashioned "Being on Earth" thing and rotating on an axis around Sol.

Yep its something I spotted in the how to grow section here. The page in question gives you a extended light hrs of 21.36 lights on and 12 dark on repeat for 2 weeks of the prime budding. It works well and does give bigger yield yet you need all plants at same point for it to suit.
I then mixed it up once realizing as long as dark was 12hrs your golden. So I then came up with a wave system. You extend hrs just prior to each budding wave hits for 4-5 days and when the budding wave hits go back to 12\12 until just prior to the next wave and repeat.
Both will extend flowering slightly yet will give more yield! :) the last wave cycle is for when you run just one monster or all same strain for best fit! :)

Back
Top Bottom