Light cycle

Gas Lamp Worked great for me, flowering now, all 5 strains are showing strong flower development just after 1 week. Saved a good 70$ on my veg cycle as well :)

I am definitely going to try that Gaslight method you've been speaking about, do you see a faster rate of growth, or is the same as 12/12?

I will definitely be watching this grow and see your end product, don't give up on your journal, you're doing a great job/grace

Grace being this is my first grow I'm can't comment on if it's doing better or worse than another lighting schedule. To me I'm getting really good growth and bud development. I did it for the savings on the electric bill plus all I read made it a sound like it works good. The girls are in there 3rd week of flowering and to me I think I'm going to be happy come harvest. Here's a couple of pics from today.

002_renamed_3224.jpg
007684.jpg
010534.jpg

I agree, you will be a happy harvester, they look very branchy and with lots of bud sites, nice fat girl you got going there. So you are doing the gaslight, right, and it's save how much time in lighting?/thanks/grace

So you are doing the gaslight, right, and it's save how much time in lighting?/thanks/grace

Grace yes I am doing the Gas Lantern Routine. A person can save up to 12 hours of light and that is a lot of power.

I used the GLR with great success... growth was the same as 18/6 veg, but flowering happened much quicker from the flip... I noticed full bud development within 4 days of the flip, with no dark period... GLR saves 5 hours of light usage per day... amounted to about 70$ in savings over a 2 month veg at 1000+ watts..

Here's a quick update on my grow. They are in the 4th week of flowering and the girls seem to be liking it. I'm up to 13 hours of dark now and the buds are growing. Wednesdays are the day I add 30 minutes to the darkness. :popcorn: The show is starting to get exciting.
007687.jpg
006720.jpg
005839.jpg
004872.jpg
0021000.jpg
010534.jpg

:circle-of-love:

My last grow under the diminshing light routine...

The 4th to 6th week of flowering showed massive bud developement lots of girth etc, after this the last few weeks 7 to 9 the buds got dence & heavy to the point of branch bending :thumb:

The grow looks very tasty keep up the good work :peace:

Thanks Fuzzy Duck, that is really good news. This last week the buds have showed a lot of growth. It's always the hope of monster buds and a lot of them and I'm a hoping. :goof: I should be getting the power bill within a few days. It's going to be hard to tell with the A/C going everyday to keep the house cool and plants cool but the A/C ran last year so I should be able to tell most of the cost. Thanks for stopping by.

OK an update. the girls are looking pretty good and getting a lot closer to harvest. I'm at 14.5 hours of dark now and they are responding. Here's some pictures. As you can see I have a few gnats but the yellow stickies seem to be taking care of the problem.

001988.jpg

007691.jpg

003950.jpg

This is the burmese kuch that is geting really close
013383.jpg

The bud is 9" long and around 1.5 in diameter loving it

012395.jpg

008642.jpg

You know exile I really don't have a clue. :rollingeyes: My buds are getting to a nice size and are very dense and firm. They are so sticky that after I touch them and go into the house my wife says, did you close the door, and it's just my hands. NICE. But as far as, is it better, I can't say except it's less power used.

Hey beemer
I've skimmed through the lournal but like a little kid I had to see the pics .......but I'll be checking you out man
It must be another journal that you posted your boiling point research ...Yes ?
Deminished light is natures way ........... You know me .....I like things that make sense.
I'll be around Beemer ...........:thumb:

Yup I posted the boiling point chart on my Sour Diesel SOG journal and in the over 50 thread

Very nice job on your plants Beemer!! for the fungus gnats, they breed in the soil, wouldn't worry this grow cause your almost done. but for future... get some mosquito dunks and use them about every other watering, I usually crush up about 1/4 to 1/2 a dunk per 5 gallons of water and it seems to keep them at bay.. :) that and the yellow sticky cards :)

Very nice job on your plants Beemer!! for the fungus gnats, they breed in the soil, wouldn't worry this grow cause your almost done. but for future... get some mosquito dunks and use them about every other watering, I usually crush up about 1/4 to 1/2 a dunk per 5 gallons of water and it seems to keep them at bay.. :) that and the yellow sticky cards :)

Thanks Icemud for the gnat treatment. I have an actual grow journal going now with actually two grows going. I have and outside one going and a SOG in my big tent. Stop on by. It's in the sig.

Back
Top Bottom