Light Cycle

godlylord

So I switched to 12 12, 5 days ago but I really need to adjust my light schedule, for better temp control, better access etc.. I plan on adjusting my lights from 7am 7 pm, to 5am 5pm by only giving them 10 hours of light tonight having the lights go out at 5am then give them 12 hours darkness and let the lights come on at 5pm. will this be okay?

Dont do that..... 7pm to 5am is only 10 hours of darkness, you would run the risk of light stressing and getting herms in your crop. Daylight savings changed my schedule but i wanted to stay with the original time so I just got up earlier. i have heard of people extending the dark period but you dont want to extend the light period much at all. some strains might be more tolerant of light stress but I personally wouldnt chance it.

I have shifted my grows many times. I do it one hour a day until it's where I need it.
The extra hour of dark hasn't caused any problems. In fact some times I just leave
it on the 11/13 light/dark until near the end then I go to 10/14.
In your case the one time 10 hours of light shouldn't be a problem.

thanks for the reply oldman60. I didnt think it would cause a problem as long as I wasnt messing with the darkness.

Back
Top Bottom