Light Dep vs Mother Nature

bankcee

420 Member
What’s up y’all.. i’m in So Cal. and want some ideas and guidance on whether to take away my supplemental lighting and begin to pull tarps for the next 8 weeks or take away my supplemental lighting and let mother nature do her thing.. i have some pretty monster plants that i didn’t think would take off the way they did and was hoping to light dep in feb march or april.. before the heat kicked in next year. they’re just too big at this point and just going to flip them now. i love in the city and in a residential/industrial area and i have neighbors that have porch lights and factory’s that have site lighting that may or may not cause issues. there is a light from a factory that’s probably some sort of cheap halogen or something that’s like 75-100 feet from my plant and maybe one neighbor porch light cfl.. and of course street lights.. 150+ feet away.

Will any of these cause my plants to herm? i know there is a lot of controversy on this.. but i’m all ears right now.. i don’t really wanna pull tarps but i don’t wanna throw away this potential either and i’m ready to build and ventilate the hoop house to the best of my ability. TIA!

So you have been keeping your plants out all day and lights on them at night (under a tarp), and now you want to flip them, have I got that right?

I would just turn off the supplemental lighting and keep the tarp on them for light deprivation. Any ambient light, particularly lights that go off and on (like porch and streetlights do) raise the possibility of creating hermies. Even that factory 150 feet away can be a challenge. Keep the tarp on and use some big fans for airflow.

What’s up y’all.. i’m in So Cal. and want some ideas and guidance on whether to take away my supplemental lighting and begin to pull tarps for the next 8 weeks or take away my supplemental lighting and let mother nature do her thing.. i have some pretty monster plants that i didn’t think would take off the way they did and was hoping to light dep in feb march or april.. before the heat kicked in next year. they’re just too big at this point and just going to flip them now. i love in the city and in a residential/industrial area and i have neighbors that have porch lights and factory’s that have site lighting that may or may not cause issues. there is a light from a factory that’s probably some sort of cheap halogen or something that’s like 75-100 feet from my plant and maybe one neighbor porch light cfl.. and of course street lights.. 150+ feet away.

Will any of these cause my plants to herm? i know there is a lot of controversy on this.. but i’m all ears right now.. i don’t really wanna pull tarps but i don’t wanna throw away this potential either and i’m ready to build and ventilate the hoop house to the best of my ability. TIA!
Well I grow outdoor every year my security light does shine on my lady's but there in full flower ib never had.a herm from it

I did a light dep plant in July . It was my first one . It was a potted Runtz plant not very large maybe 3’ and LST . I built a dark chamber off a corner of my greenhouse and went overboard colliding myself in and chasing every single light leak . I would roll it in @ 8:30 pm and roll it out @ 8:30 am on its pressure washer caddy turned into weed wheels ! The plant went rite into flower and started stretching . After 2 weeks It was budding full throttle . Week 3 I noticed the plastic had fell down and there was huge light leak I was in a hurry and half assed a repair . Then for 5 days in a row I didn’t get home till past dark I was going to roll it into dark room and thought ? Hmmm it’s flowering days are getting shorter , I’m going to put this plant in the greenhouse and see what happens . To my surprise it continued stacking and swelling and stinking . July 15th was full flower ,, today I harvested it sticky and ripe 20 days early ! I don’t know if it ripened faster because if the longer light cycle or if it was just the way she goes but , I’m smoking in September for the first time ever

Back
Top Bottom