light green leaves, white mites, NEED HELP!

metalhearts

What Strain is it? 4 bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? dont know
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flowering 1st week
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?first week about 2 days
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 3 are miracle gro organic and other one is miracle grow nursery select?
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 430 watt son agro
Is it Air Cooled? 1 big fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? about 83f
RH of Room/Cabinet? 43%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5 ish on organic and 6.7 on nursery select
Any Pests? yes, white mites in the organic soil not plants, havent seen anything on the other one
How Often are you Watering?every 2-3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? havent used any this is their 3rd week of life, waiting on soil ferts?
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2 feet by 2 feet

ok so im only trying to keep 1 or 2 of the plants in the end but i dont know the females yet.

2 of my plants are getting really light green, and their growth has slowed in the last couple days. im thinking nitrogen? and the other 2 are fine but a bit slower growth rate at the begining than the first 2.

this one was the biggest out the bunch since the beginning but growth kinda slowed the last 2 days and is also a bit lighter in color than in this picture
IMG_00117.JPG

this one was the fastest one to get all the leaves and stuff but then right now its not growing :[ i gave her some 10-15-10 not organic fert this morning very very small ammount.
seed17_5_.jpg

my other 2 are fine in terms of looks but the 1 that is in organic has the white mites i couldnt find a camera that would zoom in to a mite or i would of taken a picture.

sorry if something doesnt make sense :smokin:

but im still a pretty worried !!

What Strain is it? 4 bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? dont know
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? flowering 1st week
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?first week about 2 days
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 3 are miracle gro organic and other one is miracle grow nursery select?
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 430 watt son agro
Is it Air Cooled? 1 big fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? about 83f
RH of Room/Cabinet? 43%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5 ish on organic and 6.7 on nursery select
Any Pests? yes, white mites in the organic soil not plants, havent seen anything on the other one
How Often are you Watering?every 2-3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? havent used any this is their 3rd week of life, waiting on soil ferts?
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2 feet by 2 feet

ok so im only trying to keep 1 or 2 of the plants in the end but i dont know the females yet.

2 of my plants are getting really light green, and their growth has slowed in the last couple days. im thinking nitrogen? and the other 2 are fine but a bit slower growth rate at the begining than the first 2.

this one was the biggest out the bunch since the beginning but growth kinda slowed the last 2 days and is also a bit lighter in color than in this picture
IMG_00117.JPG

this one was the fastest one to get all the leaves and stuff but then right now its not growing :[ i gave her some 10-15-10 not organic fert this morning very very small ammount.
seed17_5_.jpg

my other 2 are fine in terms of looks but the 1 that is in organic has the white mites i couldnt find a camera that would zoom in to a mite or i would of taken a picture.

sorry if something doesnt make sense :smokin:

but im still a pretty worried !!

I can't tell you exactly what's wrong, but it could be:

1.)nutrient problem
2.)too much moisture
3.)bugs
4.)some combination of the above.

Here's what I would do....keep in mind that I'm not that experienced, but I did fight off mites and nute trouble in my first grow....so please get second opinions from more experienced growers:

Make 2 key purchases:

A Miticide: Neem, Dr. Doom, Azatrol/Azamax, Mite-rid, or Floramite.
A moisture meter.

Here's the label from the organic soil:
NPK 0.1 .05 .05 of SLOW release nitrogen
I could not find data on the nursery soil, but that's not a lot of nutrition, I'm sure you're supposed to feed plants when using this soil.

So....your yellow plant could need food, or could have damaged roots from the MG soil or from over watering. I don't think bugs would effect the whole plant like that, but it's possible. They could be attacking roots.

So, use your moisture meter to see what's happening down by the roots. If it's too wet, let it dry out and consider mixing with some perlite for better drainage and oxygenation. If it's bone dry.....water and give a light feeding.

Try hitting the plant with some Dr. Doom (non-toxic) to kill all the bugs, and then nurse it back to health.

If you decide to cull one of them, carefully examine the roots to see if you can determine what went wrong.

Lot's of people are down on MG products....I'm not sure why, but there are probably good reasons. I have grown nice flowers (impatients, pansy's etc.) with MG, and used some of in the vegetable garden with good success. I don't know why it's not a favored product for Cannabis.

The problem is that miracle grow soils aren't formulated for cannabis. If a deficiency pops up its almost impossible to correct in that stuff. Flushing is ineffective so ur in for a ride as far as I can tell. Another problem is that they come loaded with time released fertilizers mixed into the media. Its hard to maintain a balance of nute levels with this in the mix. It throws everything off IMO. There's a new Miracle Grow journal that was started yesterday. I hate to sound negative, but follow that grow and watch similar things happen. DO NO ADD NUTES INTO THE MG SOIL YET! Man where's Ms. Fox when u need her (lil inside joke), lol. As far as the mite go where are u seing them and what are do they appear to be doing to the plants? Take pics of the damage they cause if possible. Racefan endorses a product called Mite-Rid. Lots of growers battle mites with neem oil. It must be applied at 7-10 day intervals over a period of a 2-3 weeks min once mites have been spotted. Repeating the process ensure that the babies (which were previously protected by the egg) eat the neem after hatching and die. Hope this helps some.

how do i transplant? they are already in a 3 gallon pot >_<

OH....sorry, I didn't catch that. It's very easy to over water in a big pot like that.

Try to gently remove them and put them in some other soil, with a generous amount of perlite in a smaller pot. It you wanted to use the 3 gal's just make sure your soil drains really well, and be prepared to water more often.

Little plants in big pots have a hard time, because the roots are in the dry zone, so people water too often, and the big pots store too much water.....so the little plant suffers.

At least, that holds true in the vegetable world and I'm sure it does in the Cannabis world too.

well since i have them under a 430 watt son agro hps i water them every 2-3 days the humidity is about 44%

yeah the ones in the organic mix are having a harder time than the other one. the other one is very nice looking and decent growth rate. its actually bigger than the rest now and was the smallest and worst looking -_- also that one doesnt have mites in the soil. thats why i blame MG

also i flushed them about 2 days ago. i guess im gonna wait a bit a and see what happens from here on. i tested on 1 plan i gave her some nutes to see what happens.

well since i have them under a 430 watt son agro hps i water them every 2-3 days the humidity is about 44%

yeah the ones in the organic mix are having a harder time than the other one. the other one is very nice looking and decent growth rate. its actually bigger than the rest now and was the smallest and worst looking -_- also that one doesnt have mites in the soil. thats why i blame MG

also i flushed them about 2 days ago. i guess im gonna wait a bit a and see what happens from here on. i tested on 1 plan i gave her some nutes to see what happens.

I hope some more experienced people show up here soon....but IMO flushing a medium that is loaded with extended time released fertilizer is merely over-watering. You can't flush or leech such a thing. That only compounds the problem if the soil doesn't drain well.

So what you have here is a classic, but small study of the effects of different soil types on early vegetation. You have the same watering schedule and the same lighting....but the ones in organic soil are doing poorly, while the ones in nursery soil are doing well.

The answer to your problem is self evident, if you ask me. Just treat them gently....they don't need any more stress.

DO NOT CLONE PLANTS INFECTED WITH ANY TYPE OF PESTS!! Take care of that 1st. They just hitch hike. Whether they be adults or eggs. I lost a whole crop because of one infected clone. I almost 4got. Mites aren't know to dwell in soil to my knowledge. U may be seeing another sort of pest. Here's a link to a member that had a similar problem. I honestly still don't know what these things are. See if they look anything like ur bugs>https://www.420magazine.com/communi...-me-identify-these-bugs-pics-enclosed.100064/

Back
Top Bottom