Light interruption

Batman Actual

420 Member
I know there’s are a bunch of post on here about light interruptions but I couldn’t find anything on my situation. I’m a newbie let me obviously say that!

I have a 3 1000w set up, during their night I heard a huge bang ran inside with my green head lamp but had to open the door to get inside and light touched the plants for about 5-10 seconds. The person teaching me to grow says they are fucked and to toss them since they saw light during the night. I don’t want to give up on them. Is 10 seconds of indirect sunlight that harmful?

Yer mentor is a bit mislead

That little light is just fine, don't sweat it

A timer hosed up for hours is bad, yes I know from experience
But a few minutes won't hurt anything

10secs is nothing. he clearly doesnt know what hes talking about. Follow my journals mate and you will learn way faster. Dont keep interupting them. Dont be tempted to take photos in the dark or use your green light. Just stay out until lights on. Make sure there are no other lights in tent either like the little red lights you can get on extension leads for example.

I know there’s are a bunch of post on here about light interruptions but I couldn’t find anything on my situation. I’m a newbie let me obviously say that!

I have a 3 1000w set up, during their night I heard a huge bang ran inside with my green head lamp but had to open the door to get inside and light touched the plants for about 5-10 seconds. The person teaching me to grow says they are fucked and to toss them since they saw light during the night. I don’t want to give up on them. Is 10 seconds of indirect sunlight that harmful?
No. I have exposed plants to full grow light for 30 seconds many times during a grow with no ill effects.

It's always a very good idea to check your work. For example I added a light and forgot to connect it to the timer. If I had checked at lights out, it would have been obvious. That went on for two cycles before I noticed. It's put my grown back a week or so, but nothing hermied. I was very lucky for being very stupid.

Back
Top Bottom