Light movers anyone?

paul1791

I inherited all my grow equipment and now about halfway into my 2nd grow, first serious grow , really. I've learned alot from this site...I think one of my first posts was "help all my plants were dying". ( they all survived until 12/12 ) My question is , who all out there has experience with light movers ?

I am using a 600 watt hps on a 6ft linear track. I am 3 wks into the flowering stage. AND very curious on how it will all turn out. I only have the light move 1.5 ft. either way of center as I feel that I don't want the light too far away the majority of the time. ( 6 plants 24-36 inches in height .I am sure there is a mathematical equation to tell me the exact distance of travel for ultimate light coverage.
One thing that I think will help my total harvest size would be the different angles of light and my lower buds that would be exposed to more light.
Anyways I am enjoying my hobby as see my plants change and obviously look forward to harvest time.

i myself just added 2 light movers, each one has a 1000 hps on it over 2 homemade aeroponic 26 site setups. they are 3ft x 5 1/2 ft long. i was lacking on the end of each site. im curious on how much time to pause the mover at each end. ive heard good and bad about these things. i hope they work....
i just hope i dont lose any yeild, as long as i gain on the ends were i was loseing ill be happy..mine are traveling about the same as yours, one thing ive read keep the light high enough were the ends dont lose as much light when traveling from end to end. hopefully we have made the right move ..;)

thanks so much for responding so fast.. i have the slower rpm motors and i did have my delay on 12 seconds, ill try it at 20 sec.
sence you added your movers has it hurt your yeild ?
thanks for all your help....

Back
Top Bottom