Light of Jah - 2010

Jah7918

Hello there 420 Magazine!

This is a first time grow. We bought 10 Light of Jah seeds and that offer came with 20 free random seeds. A few weeks ago we planted 4 LoJ's, and 4 of the randoms in some Rockwool mini cubes and seem to be doing fine so far. As of right now the seeds are in a large computer server case Organic and I outfitted with Mylar, lights, etc and is located in my room. So far the grow is going great and I will post pictures using my Nikon D40X. The ultimate plan as of right now is to let the plants grow taller and let the weather warm up as we are in Northwest Washington. We have outdoor plots already set up so when the time is right we will transplant them.

DSC_00563.jpg

DSC_00574.jpg

DSC_00553.jpg

The larger plants on the right are the 4 Light of Jahs and the other 4 to the left are the randoms. There are 5 rockwool cubes the the left, but one of them never ended up germinating.

This is a quick update on how the plants are doing! The first 4 plants are the Light of Jahs and the other 4 I have no clue...try and guess the four randoms because I'm clueless! :)

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_00632.jpg

DSC_00641.jpg

DSC_00652.jpg

DSC_00661.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_00691.jpg

If you have any suggestions PLEASE feel free to send me a private message or post a quick reply!

If you look at the first plant on my most recent update the largest set of leaves are a lighter shade of yellow. I checked up on them this morning and they got even a lighter shade of yellow and I don't know what could be wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT: So I've been looking around and it looks like I may have low nitrogen or even low sulfur. I'll go check and see if I have any nutrients in our greenhouse for younger plants.

Update time. It seems that within 10 hours the plants got more yellowish. It has been running smoothly until today! I found some tall glasses to let the roots have some more space. Also I found some miracle-gro in our greenhouse and mixed 1/2 teaspoon into about 2 quarts of water. The temperature has been a mystery to me so I stole the outdoors thermometer and I'll report back within the hour. Any suggestions would be AWESOME because it feels like I'm talking to myself and I feel like a crazy person. ;)

My 420 cat Deezel checking out the computer setup, I have a separate catnip plant for her :cool:
DSC_00701.jpg

This is what the plants are starting to look like...
DSC_00721.jpg

I live in the south and I run 80 degrees almost all the time and have seen fine results. Some of the yellowing you are seeing might be from the MG ( Miracle Grow) I am a hydro guy but I believe a lot of soil growers stay away from MG because of the time release nutes and or the nutes that come in with it. So I think that might be some burn on them, maybe flush them with some good water? Any soil grower correct me if I am wrong please...Other than that be aware that pets can sometimes carry little pests that will eat your grow, so watch out for that good luck with the PC case!

SG

Thanks for responding ;)

I didn't put the Miracle Grow on until the leaves already started to turn yellowish, I just figured the MG had that extra kick the plants needed but I read some of the forums about it and how I should stay away from it. I'm gonna give it a day and see what happens!

Ok, I woke up extra early this morning to do my research since the plants didn't change. It looks like only the bigger leaves are turning yellow and the tips are starting to curl so it looks like a Nitrogen deficiency. I'm pretty sure I mixed my Miracle Grow solution too much water to food so that shouldn't be a problem either. Does anyone have any good nitrogen fertilizer suggestions?

Ok, I woke up extra early this morning to do my research since the plants didn't change. It looks like only the bigger leaves are turning yellow and the tips are starting to curl so it looks like a Nitrogen deficiency. I'm pretty sure I mixed my Miracle Grow solution too much water to food so that shouldn't be a problem either. Does anyone have any good nitrogen fertilizer suggestions?

I am a Hydro guy like I said but look into Fox Farm line seems like of soil users run with them. They also have some organics from what I hear.

SG

The EASIEST Run-To-Waste fertigation program has to be the 3-2-1 GH Formula or the Lucas formula. I ran both of those on run-to-waste in pots, and had good success.
For Lucas' see What is Lucas Formula, and how do I use it?, and there's a 3-2-1 section in the grower's forum.

Run 25-50% on clones/seedlings, depending on their robustness.
Yours are kind of young still thou.. They shouldn't need any fertilizer until the first set of real leaves show up, at least... Mine never did.

CocoJoe: Congratz.. That was post 2,000. :)

So I checked out the 3-2-1 program and it looks incredibly easy to use! This will sound like a noob question but what is run-to-waste? Also, if my plants are still young and don't really require much at this stage...do any of you have a reason the leaves might be turning yellow?

Run to waste, is a feeding program where you use hydro fertilizers in water, over plants in media, running out the bottom.. to the waste, as opposed to a recirculation feeding program like with a big tank, you never change. :) You can grow in dirt, and dirt like substances. Coco is one widely used, as is perilite mixes.

Good news everyone! Since I re potted them into taller glasses the plants seems to be getting their color back.

Also, thanks for the explanation SciFi!

So it seems then that they just needed a little more space, awesome.
Things look good other than that, glad to hear that the green is getting back into your green, can't wait to see the pictures.

Back again! These plants roots are growing way too quick, they have already hit the bottom of the glasses! All has gone well this week though! I have a question about the roots that someone here could probably answer. My plants are growing in tall narrow glasses, if I took them out and repotted them in shorter more stout containers would they still be happy? I guess what I'm trying to say is...can I take roots that are long and narrow and lay them more flat so they have space to grow down? If I keep on repotting into a taller container the plants will be too close to the light and we don't want that! Once it stops raining (It's been raining for almost 2 weeks straight now) I will start to acclimate them to the outdoors and get them ready for the long haul.

Once again the first 4 are Light of Jahs, and the other 3 are the randoms. We have to give memorial to the one "special" random seed who finally gave up hope and died a few days ago. We had it being supported by bobby pins and a paperclip. The random seeds are doing funky stuff and I'm curious to see what they will look like in the weeks to come!

DSC_00542.jpg

DSC_00554.jpg

DSC_00564.jpg

DSC_00575.jpg

DSC_00586.jpg

DSC_00593.jpg

DSC_00603.jpg

DSC_00613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom