Light of Jah - 2010

So today I re"potted" my plants into something bigger. I took a card board box and made it so each plant has its own section. In the picture it looks like there is 2 plants per section but the divider is like a few cm under dirt. Since the parents are out of town the plants are out in the sun and I finally got some good organic based fertilizer into the roots. Fox Farms fertilizer is non existent around here so this will have to do. It seems like a really nice fertilizer and it won't burn so that's a win in my book. It says to apply to the roots every 3 weeks, but is there anyway I can continuously water every few days or week with just a weaker dosage? I checked the growers forum and they say you can but it seems to be describing more of a watery based fertilizer as opposed to my Alaska brand which is more of a brown fish paste.

Also one quick question that I can't seem to find in the forums. I know the very first set of leaves (the ones that are small and don't look like mj leaves) are suppose to die off...but what about the second set? They seem to be yellowish on all of my plants while the others are green. Does the second set end up dying?

PICTURES!

This is the fertilizer I picked up, I of course used the one on the right since the plants are in vegetative growth.
DSC_00544.jpg

Happy plants outside!
DSC_00555.jpg

So today the plants sat out in overcast for half the day, then some good ol' sun. The leaves curled up a tiny bit from the sun but they should fix themselves overnight. They are growing quite nicely though! Just a quick update for the subscribers!:ganjamon:

I hear what your saying,We had it being supported by bobby pins and a paperclip.
A guy will do most anything trying to save the little girls there. Myself, I had a nightmare last night that mine all died, wierd you say, yes very!!!!
I think you got the right idea there , if they are outgrowing there space its time to move on out and move forward. As far as the pot concerns go, if larger is what they need for containment , thats what they need.
One question in regards to the rain in the area, who's to say you can't buy a rain suit and get these outside full time, keep in mind I have never grew outside, but they seem ready as ever. Particularly if they are outgrowing pots faster than you can transplant them, and that is a good thing.

Really enjoyed seeing your new pictures, things look like they are progressing very quickly, swwwweeeeettttttttt, and nice job on your part. :bongrip:

Haha, Just put a lid on it and I could ship it anywhere for a low flat rate!

Here is a quick update from pictures I took last night. They are getting awfully close to going in the ground!

DSC_00545.jpg

Side view!
DSC_00576.jpg

Out of the 4 Light of Jah's, this one is growing the best.
DSC_00565.jpg

The time is coming near, but I don't have a set date to transfer them. We dug 3 holes out by the river and will have to figure out what to do for the others...5 gallon buckets probably for the time being. The only reason I wouldn't put them out quite yet is because I want this rain to pass by as it has been constantly wet and cold for about 2 1/2 weeks. We are located in Northwest Washington afterall ;)

Thanks for checking out the journal Sanibel!

Indeed it is a guerrilla grow! We know the river area pretty well since we farm the ground near it year round. It's in an area that no one will ever walk or swim to and is hidden from the water by wild river bamboo. To make sure we don't leave a path walking through tall grass, I got a pair of hedge clippers and literally cut a hidden tunnel for about 30 feet through heavy blackberry bushes and trees. My grow partner dug 3 huge holes that we will fill with extremely fertile soil from the field nearby. The good part about the holes where we dug them is that no matter how far you dig down their is always sand so the water can filter through. If we dug holes anywhere else there is about 6 inches of topsoil then it is solid clay for about 150 feet. I'll bring my Nikon along and snag some pictures of the area when we are preparing to transfer them...according to the weather forecast there may be a break this weekend and we may have some sun!

Indeed it is a guerrilla grow! We know the river area pretty well since we farm the ground near it year round. It's in an area that no one will ever walk or swim to and is hidden from the water by wild river bamboo. To make sure we don't leave a path walking through tall grass, I got a pair of hedge clippers and literally cut a hidden tunnel for about 30 feet through heavy blackberry bushes and trees. My grow partner dug 3 huge holes that we will fill with extremely fertile soil from the field nearby. The good part about the holes where we dug them is that no matter how far you dig down their is always sand so the water can filter through. If we dug holes anywhere else there is about 6 inches of topsoil then it is solid clay for about 150 feet. I'll bring my Nikon along and snag some pictures of the area when we are preparing to transfer them...according to the weather forecast there may be a break this weekend and we may have some sun!

That sounds nuts man, almost too perfect which is never a bad thing!

SG

Quick update, someone must of gave my plants illegal growth hormones while I was gone for the day. I checked on them about 30min ago and it looks like they grew an inch over 24 hours. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I wake up if the coast is clear...the parents got home today from the Oregon coast. Hopefully all goes well and the plants will be outside and in the ground tomorrow! The weather forecast is looking like sun for about a week, hurray for no more rain!

EDIT: LotzOfTrycs, thanks for checking out my journal! It keeps me inspired knowing people are waiting for updates! I'm excited to be growing the Light Of Jah strain because it's so hard to find any information on it!

Quick update, someone must of gave my plants illegal growth hormones while I was gone for the day. I checked on them about 30min ago and it looks like they grew an inch over 24 hours. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I wake up if the coast is clear...the parents got home today from the Oregon coast. Hopefully all goes well and the plants will be outside and in the ground tomorrow! The weather forecast is looking like sun for about a week, hurray for no more rain!

EDIT: LotzOfTrycs, thanks for checking out my journal! It keeps me inspired knowing people are waiting for updates! I'm excited to be growing the Light Of Jah strain because it's so hard to find any information on it!

Good stuff man looking forward to pics if you can get them :ganjamon:

SG

Alright guys, I don't have any pictures since I'm updating from my Droid. The plants are outside but not in the ground, in the morning we will finish filling the holes and will put them in the ground. Cheers!

Side Note- Coyotes jumping into the river 15ft from where your stashing the plants at night is hella scary.

I think I'd be finding my pistol, instead of my droid. :) :)

I know what you mean thou.. Animals at night when you're already tense will make you nearly piss yourself.

Sorry for not updating like I said I would guys, but I have a 2 part reply waiting to be unleashed! This first posting just shows what the plants looked like on the last day indoors. I meant to post this a few days ago but oh well! :yummy:

The first 4 are the Light of Jah and the last 3 are the random seeds.

DSC_00546.jpg

DSC_00556.jpg

DSC_00566.jpg

DSC_00577.jpg

DSC_00587.jpg

DSC_00594.jpg

DSC_00614.jpg

DSC_00621.jpg

Okay, now onto my sweet Droid camera pics! Today we had time restrictions so we only managed to get one plant into the ground. The dirt is a combo between the heavy clay-like field dirt and the sand we dug the holes from. We were able to smuggle our 7th plant out there today too! The plants seemed to be adapting okay to the night and sun but pray that doesn't change and make a turn for the worse. Also I've included some pics of the ultra top secret grow site just so you can get a feel for yourself!

Can you see the grow site? I bet not ;)

2010-06-11_18_31_31.jpg

This is the entrance to the sweet passageway I cut out of blackberries and trees.

2010-06-11_18_31_47.jpg

Hard to tell, but those are 3 deep holes for 3 lucky plants!

2010-06-11_18_47_33.jpg

Our finest Jah plant in one of the 3 holes

2010-06-12_18_48_16.jpg

Hopefully some future females just chilling!

2010-06-12_18_48_28.jpg

One of the random seeds sitting high and mighty on a pile of sand.

2010-06-12_18_48_39.jpg

Back
Top Bottom