Light question? Hps-fluoros

Herbavore

My seedlings are under four 4'..40watt t12 bulbs...two seperate double bulb ballasts. All the bulbs are brandnew there are three wide spectrum gro lux bulbs. They are growing nicely, staying short and growth is happening everyday. My question is....I don't have a MH light, I only have the ones I described and a 1000watt hps/batwing and ballast. The seedlings are only about 17 days old, they are approx. 3-4" tall, can I switch over to the hps and get more vigorous growth, or will it just cause stretching? If it will, then I'm better off just taking a bit more time and growing them under the fluorescents until I'm ready for flowering. I've read that it's ok to veg and flower under hps if thats all you have...I don't want to ruin the plants or cause and stress, and I don't want tall lanky plants, I'd rather have nice bushes, and big colas. I'm gonna be a bit late on a journal so I don't think I'll start one at day 17

Stay with flourescent thru veg and budding. I would although change your current flourescents to the blue spectum then to red when budding. Your plants will still grow 12 inches or so when budding so keep that in mind. Consider using co2 when budding cost is about 350 for this set-up. Do your homework on co2 this is a must. I know of some old time growings that are moth balling their MH and HPS if favor of flourecents.
Of course this is humble opinion on flourescents but I believe correct and a win win. Cheaper to buy, cheaper on your power bill, less equipment to buy (fans ducting air conditioning ect.) We are using the T5 Sun Blaze 8 tube lights. Here is a cut and paste from ACF Greenhouse; "It is recommended that these lights be placed no more than a couple feet from the plants for best results. 2700k to 3000k bulbs provide higher output in the red spectrum which promotes flowering. 5000k to 6500k bulbs are full spectrum with much of the light in the blue spectrum which promote overall green plant growth.

My seedlings are under four 4'..40watt t12 bulbs...two seperate double bulb ballasts. All the bulbs are brandnew there are three wide spectrum gro lux bulbs. They are growing nicely, staying short and growth is happening everyday. My question is....I don't have a MH light, I only have the ones I described and a 1000watt hps/batwing and ballast. The seedlings are only about 17 days old, they are approx. 3-4" tall, can I switch over to the hps and get more vigorous growth, or will it just cause stretching? If it will, then I'm better off just taking a bit more time and growing them under the fluorescents until I'm ready for flowering. I've read that it's ok to veg and flower under hps if thats all you have...I don't want to ruin the plants or cause and stress, and I don't want tall lanky plants, I'd rather have nice bushes, and big colas. I'm gonna be a bit late on a journal so I don't think I'll start one at day 17

I use HPS (growlux sunmaster dual spectrum) from seed to harvest without chaning bulbs. (one bulb does all).

:goodluck:

LUDA.

Back
Top Bottom