Light requirement for Autos during flowering?

Whistle pig

I got a late start on some autos that I would like to move outside after they get going good. The problem is that I am really pushing the growing season as we are 70-80 days from a normal first frost and the daylight will be getting much shorter by then also.

I'm not looking for monster yeilds but would like to finish them right. Will the shorter days delay the flowering process or will I be alright as long as I protect them from frost?

Unless it's really dark and cold out (like overcast gloom), your autos should bloom on schedule. With normal sunny summer weather, they should bloom right on time (whatever that is for your strain).

At the limit, in my experience, 24 hours of light a day gives best results. (That's based on actual experience. Anyone who feels otherwise, have you actually grown at 24/0?)

As the number of hours of illumination decreases, so will yield.
Same goes for intensity: 24 hours of 50,000 lux is a lot different from 8 hours at 30,000 lux.

That's the background info. Most of us don't get ideal conditions, so we do the best we can. I have a plant on my deck that gets 8 hours of sunlight a day, and it's doing great. The yield will be nothing like 24/0, but it will still be good.

So... give your plants as many days of light as you can in as full sun as you can with maximum number of hours a day and keep your fingers crossed that they finish before your early winter sets in.

Back
Top Bottom