Light schedule advice needed

icke

i grew autos in the past but now changing to regs,my question is when plants are in seedling stage do i go 18/6 or do i go 24/0,if the answer is 24/0 when should i change to 18/6 ?
also im using cfl lighting

Doesn't really matter. Both works just fine

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There was once a very well respected auto grower here who grew amazing autos. He absolutely swears by 20/4 lighting schedule. I would not run 24/0 personally because I believe once seeds are above soil they need a little nap.

I agree with 18/6 or even 16/8 for vegging regular Cannabis. Anything less than 16 hours daylight, tho, some of your more sensitive strains will preflower. My Bubblelicious did that when she was in veg a year. She is my Mother plant.

BTW, for the first couple years, I grew under all CFL's. I only recently added LEDs, but still supplement the lower branches with CFLs.

Hi Icke

I've only done a couple of grows ... and the first grew my seedlings on 18/6; the second, on 24/0 (for two weeks, then went to 18/6).

Didn't see any noticeable difference between seedlings at the end of two weeks (but not a scientific experiment by any means!).

Been speaking to a commercial flower grower in Holland (cut flowers rather than cannabis flowers) .... he's been talking about a vegging light schedule I'm really keen to try for the next grow:-
12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on; 5.5 off

The hour on in the middle of the off period stops plants entering flowering mode.

He claims they see very little difference in the size and quantity of flowers ... and a 30% lower electricity bill.
Kinda interesting ...? Well, to me anyhow ...

Back
Top Bottom