Light Shopin'

mistakeith1

Hey guys I'm getting prepared to start another closet project:rollit: and I'm looking into upgrading my lights from the CFLs I have. :roorrip:

My space is the same from my last grow (kinda small) I need some opinions on my thoughts.

I am currently looking to buy a 70 watt HPS flood light. $75

I'm not too familiar with HPS or MH lights...

Whats the heat like on a small HPS?

I appreciate all help and kind words....

peace

70 watt isent going to get to hot but it will get your room warm i usesed a 70 watt a few years ago and found that it was barly enough light for 1 good sized plant

Right on...

Would you recommend just getting a 100watt?

I wont be doing any big operation but I want to have sufficient light to get good results.

Okay I guess 100 watt HPS lights are hard to find or they dont exist...?

I found a 150watt complete with everything for $94. That seems to be a good price IMO

16,000 lumens it says....

Whats the area this light is gonna cover?A good rule of thumb for hid lighting is 30 to 50 wpsqft,for dense buds.I would also upgrade to a horticulture bulb.Hortiluxeye bulbs work great for me and you can do the hole grow as it has the blue,green,and the orange spectrum.

Thanks for the info.

The floor of my space is about (not exactly) 3.6 sq ft. with an actual usable height a little over 3 feet. As far as watts go I think I'm good.

That particular light setup is an actual grow light. Does it not come with a bulb similar to the one your talking about?

Back
Top Bottom