Light size for a 2x4

I have a phizon 1200
According to the information I could find on this light they say it’s good for a 4x4 area, given that you are in a 2x4 area your not going to get the full coverage from the light, 2 smaller lights would be better for an area that size.. if you look in my signature there’s a link to bring you to the sponsors page, where you’ll find proven to perform lights from growers on this forum who have used them. Best of luck to you mate

Hiya buddy 2x4 is 8 square feet. For blurples and HPS/CMH you want around 50w per square foot. So 400w altogether. If youre looking at blurple leds, you need to go into the specs and check what the actual draw wattage is. The advertised power of 1200w etc means absolutely nothing.
High end LEDs like cobs or quantum boards need about 35w per square foot so closer to 280w for them.

Welcome Booger to 420 magazine .
Why don’t you grab that helpful links for new members on Pennywise’s or my post and give a journal to keep up with that lone star grow , be it soil or hydro grow

The Phlizon 1200 is at the low end of what you need. It draws 240W from the wall, and the drivers are probably less than 85% efficient, meaning less than 205W is converted to light. You need at least 30W per square ft from your light. I have an 1800W COB that draws 320W in my 2' X 4' tent. I could use more light.

It seems like most manufacturers lie about their lights. One common way is to claim an HID equivalency, yet I have never seen the justification for that. Another common method is to add up the maximum power the LEDs can handle. My 1800W COB falls into this category. The six COBs are each capable of handling 300W, but the actual power to each is less than 50W. The Phlizon 1200 appears to fall into this category as well. It has 120 10W LEDs, for a maximum the LEDs can handle of 1200W, but only draws 240W.

I got so frustrated by the false claims that I'm currently building my own.

Thank you. I had that feeling about their declared watts. Since I already have the light I will watch close and leave myself room to height adjust. I am going slow since I have to be economical with my watts since grow is actually running out of a 30 amp for my rv I live in and this 2x4 tent.

Thank you. I had that feeling about their declared watts. Since I already have the light I will watch close and leave myself room to height adjust. I am going slow since I have to be economical with my watts since grow is actually running out of a 30 amp for my rv I live in and this 2x4 tent.

My whole house is 60A 240V, so I can identify with that.

What size do you suggest for a 2x4? Thank you. I tried to upload a vid of my tent it said I don't have an extension.
I'm running 240 watts of 3000k Quantum boards (2x120) which is performing better than 420 true-from-the-wall watts of LED in my 2x4. The LED is now only for the veg tent but may go with QB's for that as well; less operating costs and a heck of a lot less heat to vent (2 iPower 6inch inlines versus a single 4 inch for the QB's equals less operating costs as well for ventilation.) You can put together a two board light for under $250.

I got so frustrated by the false claims that I'm currently building my own.
I've got 420 of from-the-wall watts in LED that will produce good flower IF you lolly pop (penetration sucks with LED) and if you get enough fans to keep the poor girls from getting heat stroke (I ended up with 2 iPower 6 inch inlines to vent a 2x4 adequately) But I prefer my homebuilt QB's; they penetrate, a single 4 inch will vent the tent and operating costs are cheaper.
The LED's are now lighting a veg tent and may just be stuck in a closet for spares eventually.
Building is really the best way to go.

I've done about 8 months worth of research on my 2x4x5 ft tent for the best light and went with the HLG 260XL. Absolutely fills the area with very intense light and very little heat.

Back
Top Bottom