Light snobs

If you are second guessing yourself @Hdinkleman it's not because of your light. Congrats on the disposable income. I would most definitely be able to grow more weed under three burples than 1 QB.

Also, that was 4.2 oz, not 45g

Edit: Just on a aside, I'm guessing you don't have a heck of a lot responsibilities that your income needs to be allocated towards if you've just graduated from pot dealer as your primary source. I myself have to be a bit more judicious in my spending habits.

i drive a brand new cadillac, thats all you need to know about my “budget”
not going to stoop to your level of income comparison, and since youve read my journals you probably know i have enough money because i budget well and live in a small apartment.

sorry im done reaponding to ignorance.
and great 4 ozs from 285 watts, thats less than .5 g a watt

more pot from 3 blurples than an hlg550, um ok you must be superman too

buy a ppfd meter and we can take comparisons of RAW DATA of light readings.
honestly dont even need plants to compare, so much subjective bullshit trying to compare plants

and p.s ive had MULTIPLE million dollar grossing years on the black market, so yeah, not even talking about my legal job which is all i do now, i had an extra 300$ kicking around for a good light.
i had more than enough to buy everything i currently have for my grow setup.

so yeah once again blurple sucks and unless you are so freaking broke you cant afford THE SAME PRICE you got better options than blurps mcgurps

Wait, you already stooped didn't you?

more pot from 3 blurples than an hlg550, um ok you must be superman too

Oh so now we're being a bit specific? Shall we try apples to apples here? Give me (3) old Mars 300's and you keep (1) QB panel (not 4 which is what the hlg 550 consists of), you really think you'll grow more weed?

i drive a brand new cadillac, thats all you need to know about my “budget”
not going to stoop to your level of income comparison, and since youve read my journals you probably know i have enough money because i budget well and live in a small apartment.
nd p.s ive had MULTIPLE million dollar grossing years on the black market, so yeah, not even talking about my legal job which is all i do now, i had an extra 300$ kicking around for a good light.
i had more than enough to buy everything i currently have for my grow setup.

Congrats again, you've done well if that's what floats your boat. I've been married 29 years, have three fine sons, haven't made a penny selling drugs, drive a rusty Chevy pickup and I'm always broke. Who's richer?

I only bring this up not to be a dick, but to show you you're idea of success in life, or in a successful grow, is not mine, and just because you think so doesn't make you right. Your and others inferred claims that QB's are the correct way and any other way is crap is plain wrong.

OK people! This thread got off subject but if we there now I'll throw my 2 cents in. Off 1 QB I can harvest minimum 1/4 pound of dry and trimmed bud. With 300 budget.....you can get 2 QB's, sinks and driver and blow 4.5 oz outta the water....not wet or untrimmed either! Or 300 can get a complete hid or cmh setup n pull pounds not grams! Use what you got but anybody that has grown with blurple and hps, cmh, cob, QB will tell you the blurples are bottom of the barrel . Had Mars 2 800 and I can tell you it put off as much or more heat and produced 1/4 of what my hps did. Since switched over to QB, cut my heat, electricity in half and still pulling same weight as hps.

Those old mars lights are workhorses if you get a good batch. First two I bought, I think they were $90 a piece in 2015. I think they are around $50 now. Probably worth it for a small grow depending on one's ability to deal with the heat.

I find that after my mars300 burns out more than a couple diodes, the drivers are very useful for building cob arrays on a budget.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and doesn't let this back and forth that is going on get to them. 5000 ways to skin the canna-cat... Most of them work too.

:headbanger:

Well, I have clearly been proven wrong. I guess there are indeed a few "light snobs" here. It's funny because I am one of the very few here if not the only one who have COB arrays in excess of a $4500 build cost and won't shame anyone for what they use. Yes, my lights get amazing results but I came from hps and blurples too. I will never shame anyone for what tyoe of light they use, it's just not right and that logic is highly flawed.
The best part about what I am seeing here is that the few who are indeed shaming on blurple lights just because "it's infereor", have shown NOTHING grown by them that shows a superior grow in terms of quality nor quanity. I have grown amazing weed with blurples, and to be quite honest I believe if you give some of the growers here 50 watts per square foot of blurple and some of these talkers 50 watts per square foot of QB's, that some of the growers here with blurples would "win" a grow-off.
I have seen I think it was @Graytail (maybe not him) grow 2 grams per watt with purple LED. Most with quantum boards just talk about how superior their lights are while any good grower can walk the walk no matter what type of light they grow with.

QB's are great lights for sure. But don't be blinded by your purchase either. they too have their downfalls compared to others. If there was indeed an "end all be all" in grow lights it wouldnt need to be fought about. The results would be indisputable already.

I really hope I did not come off as a light shamer. Not what i was intending at all! I'm sharing my experience, not blowing smoke! I just get irritated with someone saying that their superior ( whether it be lights, nutes, soil, coco, water methods.....) I have grown with blurple, hps, cmh, and QB. Yes QB is probably most expensive for initial cost but I look at overall cost, years of growing with no changing bulbs, energy costs, diodes burning up, heat, cooling.....it adds up. The point im getting at is dollar for dollar their are other options. My preference is QB, then CMH, then hps. Havent grown with cob so no opinion there. Grow with what you got! I'm glad to see people grow their own supply, just don't come saying my this will blow your that outta the water. I grow lower producing strains, hitting a bit over gpw. Sure if I grew some big bud or nuke heads I could hit 2 or more. But yeah that's just me. Also, if pics are necessary

It is what it is but when people get irate about something stupid I will voice my opinion. Any good grower can get results, even with blurple. Like I said I'm not bashing blurple but I will defend my spot that they are not superior to a lot of options at the same price point.

TBI's, traumatic brain injuries, can cause the individual to suffer from exactly that. And a whole bunch of other things.

It is, in fact, the sole reason we're b!tchy and not generally morning people.

Okay, I lied about that part ;).

That high production I got was from my QB array, not the blurples. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's the thing.

If there's "shaming" - and this thread shows that there is - it's for posting a picture bathed in bright purple light. :hmmmm: What's the point? Who wants to see that, much less tell the poster anything about it? You can see the shape of the plant, I guess ...

Do I post online pictures of my car bathed in bright purple light? Am I trying to sell it? Am I proud of it? Why would I do that? Why am I even taking a picture like that? Is it specific to cannabis plants?

See?

Page after page after page, of threads with purple pictures. It gets old. It's stupid. It's annoying.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Do I post online pictures of my car bathed in bright purple light? Am I trying to sell it? Am I proud of it? Why would I do that? Why am I even taking a picture like that? Is it specific to cannabis plants?

When you want to post a pic of your car ( which you are really only doing to stroke your own ego right?) with 5k additional miles on it from the last picture you posted so people can see what condition it is in after another week of driving, do you move the 10 other cars in the driveway, pull it out of the garage with the dim single incandescant, give it a bath and set up your photography lights? I don't. I take a picture of it sitting in the garage. I'm not gonna win anything or harm anyone (besides the TBI people who should know better) with these less than perfect pics. I'm simply showing there is no dents and still a nice shine. You have your car and many others who have good lighting in their garages to look at on countless other car journals. Why do you have to be so uptight about mine?

I keep one of these in the shed...
hdx-clamp-on-hand-helds-stand-up-hd-300pdq-64_1000.jpg

I have a few bulbs I like; "natural sunlight", "bright white LED"... I just hold it up & move to the best location, then snap away...

Lighting is crazy important to taking good pics... kill the blurps & kick on the shop light to take pics.. $20 fix!

That high production I got was from my QB array, not the blurples. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's the thing.

If there's "shaming" - and this thread shows that there is - it's for posting a picture bathed in bright purple light. :hmmmm: What's the point? Who wants to see that, much less tell the poster anything about it? You can see the shape of the plant, I guess ...

See?

Page after page after page, of threads with purple pictures. It gets old. It's stupid. It's annoying.

:cheesygrinsmiley:
I'll have to see if I can find the one I was talking about then. I do know it was a grow sponsored light used and a light mover was used. It was indeed a blurple and the results were amazing.

I myself don't have anything but funny burple in my grow room, and I'm not that motivated to impress you QB guys. The people who follow and enjoy my grow journal seem to be having a fine time there. You are certainly welcome not to visit it!

Post your blurple-bathed pictures all day long if you like. :thumb:

I got no problem with that.

You asked, you got answers.

Here's some stuff I grew under my blurples. You see how I took the pictures in natural light, anyway?

DSCN7400.JPG

DSCN7399.JPG

R-spec? No. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know that there are improved diodes from the time I bought mine, both from Samsung and others, but I haven't followed along. I followed the COBs for a couple years, and barely managed to keep up with developments. :laughtwo:

I did a quick browse on HLG's site. It looks like a more efficient diode.

3600K is a great compromise for veg and bloom. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom