Lightbulb Moment!

ABudsLife

Hi All, Just wondering if someone could help me figure out what light's I should be using in a new 2x2x2 Tent I recently bought,

I have been looking into x2 1000w MH/HPS

otherwise should I go for x4 600w MH/HPS?

How much light per square ft am I looking at with either options?

Thank you all for reading my noobish post, Finally making the move from outdoor to indoor :)

:Namaste:

Hi Cultivator!

Thanks for your quick response man, Yeah I was actually thinking the 4x600 would be more beneficial with spread, Roughly would you know how much light per square foot i'd be looking at if I we're to go the 4x600 w MH/HPS combo in this sized tent? I seen a few posts suggesting 50w per square foot is optimal for best results, I just can't for the life of me seem to figure it out

Cheers :)

ah I see, Would you suggest I upped it to 4x1000w light's instead ?
how much light per square feet would I be looking at then as it will be 1000w per m2?

thanks again Cultivator, Really appreciate your assistance.

Hahaha thank god you said that, I have been looking at some expensive ass inline fans to push that heat out, yeah may as well go with the 4x600 thanks for you help pal,
what ventilation system would you recommend? What cfm fans and air scrubber would be best for the size tent?

Thanks!

id go slightly stronger fan mate. That fan would be adequate and would do around the right amount of air movement. But id go a little stronger as you lose pressure from the filter then also again when you Y off to split through the lights. I always go over kill on fans and filters just be certain the plants are getting loads fresh co2 and that the smell is concealed and that there is enough air moving to remove what heat it can move. If its too strong you could always use a speed controller. But if thats your option it is acceptable. Try keep your ductwork in the tent to a minimum as it acts like a radiator.

id go slightly stronger fan mate. That fan would be adequate and would do around the right amount of air movement. But id go a little stronger as you lose pressure from the filter then also again when you Y off to split through the lights. I always go over kill on fans and filters just be certain the plants are getting loads fresh co2 and that the smell is concealed and that there is enough air moving to remove what heat it can move. If its too strong you could always use a speed controller. But if thats your option it is acceptable. Try keep your ductwork in the tent to a minimum as it acts like a radiator.

yeah I would like to get a more powerful fan however I couldn't really agree on one as there wasn't much info on a few sites, would you be able to recommend any that would do the job? yeah I have a couple of room designs at the moment I am drawing up so ill upload a few links so you can have a look for yourself, I don't know weather to do two separate exhaust systems straight out with 4 fans pushing it out or connect it at the end with a Y duct,
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
I don't really know much about co2 to go right out and buy a bottle and regulator right now even though I would love to I just think I need a little more experience before I do so,
I have been looking at the TNB CO2 Enhancer dispenser canisters to get through an operation or two so I can get the hang of things
TNB CO2 ENHANCER DISPERSAL CANISTER | eBay
have you heard anything about the Tnb co2 enrichers? is there anything else I can also use with it to boost the co2 levels in the room? I know a lot will get pushed out via fan/filter so I will put it on the opposite side of the room so hopefully it covers the crop on the way out.
yeah the inline kit I was looking ay had a controller I don't think id go any other way.

I would use a y piece at both ends so that you only use 1 carbon filter and 1 fan. A 10inch rvk fan pulling 1000cfm would work well, then match that with a carbon filter that can scrub that amount of air. Any 10inch rhino carbon filter would work.

Have a look through my journals and see how ive set things up in the past.

As for CO2 if you are running an extraction set up and not a sealed room, its a waste of time adding more co2 as it gets sucked out of the room as fast as it goes in. When i talk about CO2 i mean the CO2 that is present in fresh air. more fresh air pulled through the space means more CO2.

I would use a y piece at both ends so that you only use 1 carbon filter and 1 fan. A 10inch rvk fan pulling 1000cfm would work well, then match that with a carbon filter that can scrub that amount of air. Any 10inch rhino carbon filter would work.

Have a look through my journals and see how ive set things up in the past.

As for CO2 if you are running an extraction set up and not a sealed room, its a waste of time adding more co2 as it gets sucked out of the room as fast as it goes in. When i talk about CO2 i mean the CO2 that is present in fresh air. more fresh air pulled through the space means more CO2.

Sweet as that sounds heaps better, ill have a hunt in the morning and ill get it all sorted out, I had a brief look through a few of your posts and they are rather impressive, very good work!

I was thinking about having 2x8" intake fans blowing air in,600 cfm each so 1200 should be plenty enough if ill be getting that 1k cfm fan and rhino filter you suggested,
8" Inline Duct Fan w/ Speed Controller 8 Inch Exhaust Blower | eBay
both controlled so if it is too much I can always turn it down or up because where I live in Australia it's pretty humid and hot always pushing 30-40 degrees Celsius and anywhere between 60-100% humidity on average

Ill have another look though your journals now for some more insight,
Really appreciate your time mate

Peace

Back
Top Bottom