Lighter Pocketing-Thievery or Survival Instinct

southflorida

We've all done it. But more recently I notice it happens more when I have no lighter to my name whatsoever. And that when it happens there was no conscious effort in deciding to or not. You only notice it when it saves your smoke session (or saves you from walking 10 feet, either one)like it was destiny. So I got to assuming this very well could be some stoner survival instinct we acquire somewhere along our stoney careers.
:cool:

We've all done it. But more recently I notice it happens more when I have no lighter to my name whatsoever. And that when it happens there was no conscious effort in deciding to or not. You only notice it when it saves your smoke session (or saves you from walking 10 feet, either one)like it was destiny. So I got to assuming this very well could be some stoner survival instinct we acquire somewhere along our stoney careers.
:cool:

lol I am a lighter thief from way back when i worked on the carnival.. it was a game to see how many lighters we could get from the locals... now its just a bad habbit lol now i put my lighter in a "lighterleash" its awsome and i havent lost a lighter since.. i would post a link but i am not allowed and its not 420 related so i cant post a pic, but yous are smart here and could find the site for lighter leashes if you wanted too.. its the best thing going.. i had to buy a box and hand them out last christmas or my friends threatened to steal my lighter.. leash and all lol

:passitleft:**puff puff pass**

I've do it without even noticing. I'd say its a survival instinct for my own lighter. If I immediately pocket my lighter I never lose it. It then becomes a habit, even when it's not my own lighter. It happens every time. I know dudes who buy pink lighters in order to prevent the lighter thief.

Hahaha. Just got home with a new bong and saw those lighter leashes - gay lol. Ill post the pic when i get it approved, tube was marked $69 without tax and dude gives me it for 55 cuz thats what i had on me and I was a 'regular customer'. Had a great matchin male piece for it already too I'd forgot about from a broke bong awhile ago so i got a spare. :bongrip: Back to topic I think you all make good points. I usually attempt to get lighters back to suspected victims, not very hard though.

I had a girl steal my lighter on purpose a while back. I tried to pay attention but she was pretty and I was stoned. She got my lighter, I have the satisfaction of knowing she will never smoke my bud again.
Word of warning, never play the lighter game with the guy who has the best buds in the area.

Back in the day I had a knot of at least 100 lighters I held them together with
a huge rubber band.I couldnt help my-
self.At the end of a long night I would
have 2-8 lighters and Ididnt remember
how I had got them.For 15 years I never
paid for a lighter.

What state or country are you in? I want to know so I will stay the fuck away from it. I like keeping my lighters. Especially the Djeeps. Stealing is wrong, especially from that person thats providing the weed for the smoke sesh. My feeling is if you steal my lighter, what are going to steal next?

Hahaha. Just got home with a new bong and saw those lighter leashes - gay lol. .

i managed to get my lighter leash in my new vid called " different ways to smoke oil" just in case anyone is curious.. like i said b4, i havent lost a lighter since i got this thing.. but.. as soon as i take it out of the leash... it dissapears.. go figure..lol ** puff puff pass**

What state or country are you in? I want to know so I will stay the fuck away from it. I like keeping my lighters. Especially the Djeeps. Stealing is wrong, especially from that person thats providing the weed for the smoke sesh. My feeling is if you steal my lighter, what are going to steal next?
Woa Im sory man.Like I said it was back in the day when I was still drinking
and I never did it intenionally,they would just end up in my pockets.It hasnt
happened in years.

The lighter leash is like a janitor key ring w/ a rubber grommet lol, they dont lose their keys either i bet. The 55$ come up bong, 18"
newbong1.gif

Woa Im sory man.Like I said it was back in the day when I was still drinking
and I never did it intenionally,they would just end up in my pockets.It hasnt
happened in years.

Didn't mean to bust your balls man. I played the game when I was a teen, but when it happened to me a couple times,(I get high and its hard to keep track of my lighter when your engage in conversation) it really sucks. I have even done it by accident but I normally return it with a blunt in hand and ready to smoke. But when I know its done on purpose like the girl I mentioned in a earlier post. It pisses me off so I Cblocked her from my herb. A true shame cause I have pretty good shit.

i bought a flic my bic lighter (the ones with the cool designs...) about 2 months ago that has been circulation amongst my friends. We all do it.

Solution...don't use a lighter. No one has ever taken my matches. :laughtwo:

Either because they don't want them or they don't have the balls to take anything from me, either one is fine. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just smokers reflex, its nothing extraordinary. I am suprised almoast every morning after party night where the hell I get this much ligters :) .
I have my own theory. I stole one male ligter and put into pocket, then I stole female ligter and put to the same pocket. And in the morning, they have some childrens with them :)
That's stupid funny man.:cool:

I've sometimes walked off with someones lighter because it looked like mine not because I stole it..lol I'd hate to be left with no lighter so I always make sure to return the lighter.

Agreed. I too am guilty of stealing a lighter or two. I do think this is a survival instinct b/c like you have said it happens in the subconcious.

I have taken so many lighters over the years. never intentionally, but people always seem to leave them in my car. mostly cuz people always wanna cruise around and smoke in my car cuz its a convertible. but it sucks cuz you can't really smoke with the top down :(

When i light a bong im so concentrated on taking the hit that i forget about the lighter and my automatic reaction is to pocket it. My friends hate me for it. Its become a joke slash game amongst us to see who can steal the most stoned persons lighter and how often in one night/hour

Back
Top Bottom