Lighting advice for a grow tent 50cm W x90cm L x160cm H

KAYY

420 Member
Hey I was just hoping for some opinions on what kind of led lighting that would be suitable for a tent with these dimensions 50cm(W)x90cm(L)x160cm(H) please and thank you.
I was thinking of getting a Viparspectra LED Grow Light - R900 or maybe a Apollo 10 LED Grow Light - True Watt 360W | Full Spectrum but I’m not sure. Please any advice would be most appreciated. Please and thank you
Oh yea I’m in Australia so it’s not as easy as other places to find a wide variety of led lights without them costing a hell of a lot of money. My budget is about $500-$550 but any cheaper quality alternatives would be much appreciated, thank you.

The viparspectra is a good light and you get good yields from it but a tent thatsize would need 2 450 watts viparspectra ...that’s just my take ....but it’s really how much plants you’re growing

Due to the height restriction, LEDs are your best choice. I'd go with the largest footprint lights you can fit in there. Adjustable intensity would be a real bonus. Take a look at a pair of the Mars-Hydro TS-1000s. They'll fit, and have the adjustable intensity. The benefit of two lights is that you can space them out a little to get better coverage, and you can adjust the height and intensity for each side independently. You can also let the plants grow closer to the lights, which can become an issue with your tent's lack of height.

The Mars-Hydro SP-150 may be problematic to install parallel with the 60cm sides of your tent, which is why I'm not recommending them. The SP-250, and TSL-2000 are too long for your tent. The TSW-2000 can be used, but I like two TS-1000s better for your tent for the reasons I stated above. @SmokeSara can you comment?

Another option would be to go the QB route. An "320W XL QB V2 R spec LED Kit" should fit. It's more expensive, but still within your budget. Folks that have them, swear by them.

I have used a small footprint light in a 60 X 120 X 150 cm (2' X 4' X 5') tent. The two plants at the sides produced 40% less than those closer to the center of the light, probably because of my height restriction.

Back
Top Bottom