Lighting and tent - how many plants?

choptop13

Ok I'm getting ready to start my 1st grow in the next few weeks I got a 4x4 tent and a 600w mh/hps light how many plants can i grow at once and get a good yield? Wanna get the most outta my tent but can't afford anymore lights right now so any if would b awesome thanks everybody!!

Hey buddy, im glad your getting started. Thats a nice setup you got actually. Some people will do 20+ in a SOG in that space & others will get the same yield with 2 much bigger plants. The former is quicker because you would veg less in order to keep them small & the latter takes more time because your vegging longer for bigger plants. Im more inclined to grow fewer bigger ones...in that space I would do 4 possibly 6. You should look into adding some CFLs on the sides of the tent as well. Happy days!

If growing from seed and a small bush like plant is of desire i'd say 4 plants is quite comfortable...

You could train them a little to increase yield tho.

Or you could look at the SOG method & best done with clones from a mother plant as seeds for so many plants can be quite costly.

Average SOG is 16 or 20 plants per meter square.

A plant need 2.5 feet for best growth. Use this as a rule of thumb and yes there are factors in relation to method of growth (as mentioned by other members) Happy Cultivation !!!!!!!!

A 600W in that tent will raise the temp by quite a bit, hope you're ready to combat that. Yield is related to root mass, amount of light available, CO2 uptake, and some other stuff but these are the big ones. You could try to rig up a DIY CO2 thing, might work well with the higher temps. Otherwise just defoliate properly to get light to the buds and use a ~5 gallon pot as your final pot. You can fit 4 plants in there fine with some LST.

In a space 3 x 3 - do you think 1 Green Pad CO2 will work - know that there are others out there but when tested in a small space Green Pads were very efficient - have experience with the "bag's Also there are areasole cans and now one can even get two (2) boxes one for veg and one for bloom Tanks still are the best of course

Hello all of u and thank u very much for any and all input this site kicks ass it's kinda hard to believe that so many experienced growers will take the time answer questions to use noobs. I've been reading a lot on sog n Scrog it seems to make way more sense today than it did yesterday that's for sure lol so any more input on the whole thing would b awesome thanks again guys!!

Hi,
How many plants you have will not determine your yield. What will determine yield is your lights. 1 plant or 15 plants will get about the same yield when you're done but more plants will get a yield in less time because you can flip to 12 hours flowering cycle sooner while the plants are smaller. With 1 plant you would need to grow it in veg cycle longer to fill up the available space under the lights.

1 more ? for u guys I was wondering if there's a certain kind of perilite I should use or any brand I know it's used for drainage but I wasn't sure if there were chemicals in it I'd had to spend all this time and money to lose it over something so miniscule ya know what I mean

Thanks stealth so just rinse under hot water for 10 minutes or so then. When adding it to ur soil do u just add a little every few inches of soil and use a soup spoon or something to mix it up?

The number of plants will not really change your yield muc unless you're growing outdoors.
What makes a difference is the number of lights.

Putting 1 plant or 15 plants under a lights will yield about the same amount of buds. The difference will
be that you would get a harvest faster with 15 plants because they will fill the plant canopy under the light
faster, so you can flip the lights to 12 hours to start your flowering cycle sooner, hence you'll get buds sooner.

1 plant on the other hand, would require more time in the 18 hour vegetative cycle to allow that 1 plant to grow big
enough to fill the plant canopy under the light so it needs that extra time to do so.Final results will be about the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks onehitter I can legally grow 12 plants at a time but I know I don't have enough light for that right now so I'm gonna stick to around 6 and keep the light I have for now and hang some CFL ' s around the sides to make sure the whole plant is getting light and turn the plant on a regular basis. I'm gonna go with a scrog. I don't need to flip them super quick but I can't let them go super long either so from ur guys experience with this light and adding supplemental light on the side what kinda dry yields did u end up with just curious cuz I know there r so many factors that determine this just wondering what u guys got outta them?? Probly do 2 to 3 week veg or right around there anyway.

1 more question for u guys since u already know I got the 600 watt in my 4x4 tent how many supplement cfl lights should I hang around the sides??

I mixed my up by getting a 2 gallon bucket and mixed 2 handfuls of medium to 1 handful of perlite, so it would be 33% perlite. Repeat until you fill the bucket, transfer it to the pots and bam you're done. Of course this has to be done during a transplant. When you do finally transplant and fill a pot with your mix, make sure to moisten the soil every 2-3 inches from the bottom so new roots have some moisture to seek out and grow, dry soil/medium is bad right after a transplant.

Back
Top Bottom