Lighting and tent - how many plants?

That will work - what are the "lumens" for the bulb Remember the 6500 for veg and the 2400 for flower Is that 2 - 52 watt bulbs? You will find that your end yields will be bigger some folks run 8 ft T'5's, ect about a 6-5 light holder and then they run it side-ways (horzontial?) Know of one person whom uses a tanning bed -works great !!! thanks for your input

Total lumen is not the same as what you effectively get to the buds and leafs. With CFL's, intensity drops fast. Light penetration is almost non-existent.
LED's are a bit better, but you still want to train for as much of an even canopy as possible, and snip off everything below it.

Also, depending on your goals, less light will produce smokable bud too. I am chiming in because stories like these withheld me from starting to grow for a long time. You need about 3 common household CFL's @ ~40w per plant in order to have fun with this beauty. I'm sure that your numbers will be creating bigger yields, more dense buds, etc. but it is kinda misleading to say a minimum is required for effective growing.

For effective growing, as my first journal depicts, one needs very little ... one thing not to use (as also shown in that journal) is fertilizer pellets :p

I got a 4x4 tent with 600w mh/hps lighting with 250 watts of 6500k cfl can do more if I need to lighting for supplemental side lighting will switch to 2700k when in flower Startin them in fox farms light warrior and switching to ffof for final soil with perlite and ff nutes gonna do 4 for sure maybe 5 ladies but don't want it to get crowded so Probly 4 cuz of topping and fimming been putting it off trying to figure out what beans to use its all I got left to get can't make up my damn mind lol any suggestions for me need heavy yielding strain with more of an upper stone that's takes lst well that finishes pretty quick no 10wk or more strains?? Yup I'm asking for a lot I know lol

There's 4 40w and 4 23w bulbs I wanted to b able to mix and match if I wanted I got the 40w bulbs at menards for like 8 dollars so I can definitely grab more if need be

I got a 4x4 tent with 600w mh/hps lighting with 250 watts of 6500k cfl can do more if I need to lighting for supplemental side lighting will switch to 2700k when in flower Startin them in fox farms light warrior and switching to ffof for final soil with perlite and ff nutes gonna do 4 for sure maybe 5 ladies but don't want it to get crowded so Probly 4 cuz of topping and fimming been putting it off trying to figure out what beans to use its all I got left to get can't make up my damn mind lol any suggestions for me need heavy yielding strain with more of an upper stone that's takes lst well that finishes pretty quick no 10wk or more strains?? Yup I'm asking for a lot I know lol

Some folks use a ,veg, bulbs with their flower bulbs?

I've heard some mix in some flower bulbs in when in veg and vice versa but I'm gonna stick to veg bulbs for veg and flower bulbs for flower

My grow store moved out of town. I wanted better perlite, but was forced to use Miracle Grow perlite. It did have some small round balls of time release nutrients, but there really were not very many at all. Many of them floated to the top when I washed the perlite and I just picked them out and tossed them in the general direction of my vegetable garden. I also notice that the NPK value for the perlite is .07/.07/.07. That tells me that there is not much time released nutrients in the perlite to begin with. All in all, it worked great after cleaning and I've never had a problem with it in any way.
my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom