Lighting decisions

Marley15

Hey I'm new to these forums and growing marijuana. I'm looking to convert a closet space into a grow cab. The closet is roughly 2'x2'x5'.

I am going to use the space for flowering only. I plan on buying clones and flowering them right away.

I can't decide on lighting! LED is out bcz I'm not convinced it is capable of producing adequate density.

I'm thinking of using a 250w HPS or maybe even a 400w HPS? Heat is obviously a concern bcz the cab is so small. I'm going to be using an air cooled exhaust system for the HID.

Any suggestions?

I'd agree. I went from cfl's to the 250 for a little 2x3x7 space I was growing in at the time and did well with the 250. Good yields. Now I use a 400 but the space I grow in now is 4x6x7'. I now use the 250 with a mh conversion bulb to veg my plants from seed.

Thank you for the replies.

Raider do you use light cooled exhaust system in you setup? Just wondering how hot it gets in this small compartment with a 250w HPS. What reflector do you use? I'm looking to lower my start-up costs as much as possible.

Also how many plants are you supporting in this environment? I was looking to grow 4 but I'm not sure if the space is too small.

I have a growlab gl60 2x2x5'3 I use cfls for veg 250w hps from htg supply with the standard 4 sided reflector non air cooled have a 4inch vortex fan on top of tent hooked to a elf charcol filter inside for exhaust with one passive intake opened all the time with 4 six inch clip on fans running 24hrs along with exhaust during flower for smell keeps temps between 75-79 humidity at 45-55 its a cool setup just keep it easy then it turns into a job its a fun hobby.I'm growing 4 plants

Yeah good deal htg has some decent stuff for growers on a budget and good customer service I haven't bought or used any combo deals off ebay but they should hold up keep us updated on your grow and setup thanks raiderdave

Back
Top Bottom