Lighting help

Equanimity

Hey

been lookin at different lights for my next grow, there are several things I'd like to ask before i head down a particular path.

Firstly, the grow area the lights will occupy is a an enclosed space made out of two old wardrobes (closets) that are facing each other with the doors removed. In all there will be three plants in a row.

My options for lighting are between a HPS kit amazon are flogging for £50/$64

However, there are several 150W LED 'UFO' things kicking about on there.

Now, the LEDs are all made by generic/unknown companies, like Queenshiny and funkyqube and hollandstar.. or it just says "generic" ... I'm unsure whether to trust these?

As for the HPS; looks neat... but do i really fancy having to manage the heat?

Which ever i choose I'll probably need two. So i need to make sure i don't waste money by buying the wrong LED grow light or burning my house down by sticking two 400w HPS bulbs in wooden wardrobes

please help :p

Hey

been lookin at different lights for my next grow, there are several things I'd like to ask before i head down a particular path.

Firstly, the grow area the lights will occupy is a an enclosed space made out of two old wardrobes (closets) that are facing each other with the doors removed. In all there will be three plants in a row.

My options for lighting are between a HPS kit amazon are flogging for £50/$64

However, there are several 150W LED 'UFO' things kicking about on there.

Now, the LEDs are all made by generic/unknown companies, like Queenshiny and funkyqube and hollandstar.. or it just says "generic" ... I'm unsure whether to trust these?

As for the HPS; looks neat... but do i really fancy having to manage the heat?

Which ever i choose I'll probably need two. So i need to make sure i don't waste money by buying the wrong LED grow light or burning my house down by sticking two 400w HPS bulbs in wooden wardrobes

please help :p

If you're growing in an enclosed space, I'd venture away from HPS unless you have proper ventilation planned out. If you decided to go the LED route, I suggest taking a look at the LED sponsors here. I have a 400 watt Mars II from TopLED on here and love it. It's quiet, generates minimal heat and saves cash on the electric bill.

the entire grow room would be ten feet long, three feet wide and six feet tall, however, there's a void in the middle so that i can access the cubicles.

the 150w light is made by Greatlux, it has 50 x 3w LEDs and costs £72/$96 with free delivery.

i was planning on two of them, basically one per plant if i do 2 plants in it.

what about vertically? I've heard LEDs don't like to be too close

I would agree with others on buying a LED from a sponsor here at 420Mag. If you buy 2 UFOs, you're looking at a couple hundred bucks, Where a single LED with a higher output and cover range from one of the sponsors (which have been proven to work, check journals) Would cost about the same, if not a little less. I got my Znet for just over half of what you were planning on spending.

Good luck with your grow!

I would agree with others on buying a LED from a sponsor here at 420Mag. If you buy 2 UFOs, you're looking at a couple hundred bucks, Where a single LED with a higher output and cover range from one of the sponsors (which have been proven to work, check journals) Would cost about the same, if not a little less. I got my Znet for just over half of what you were planning on spending.

Good luck with your grow!

they all seem to be based in the US and only deal in dollars and charge a boat load for shipping. besides. i need two lighting rigs no matter what i get. two large lights would be a waste really, and cost much more than i plan to spend

Hey there Equanimity, we're one of the 420 forum sponsors here and I'd love to answer any questions you have about our lights or LED lights in general. We have a $40 surcharge to ship to Europe, but we'd be happy to try and work with you on the shipping cost. We also give discounts for ordering multiple lights and as always, an extra 5% off for forum members using the discount code 420MAG. Our lights have an 11-band spectrum and some great PAR output readings, and we could work with you to recommend a few options for your space.

You can respond here, or chat with us live on our website or facebook page (links in my signature). Let us know how we can help!

Hi, Equanimity , this is Sara, from Top LED Grow Light, also SmokeSara, one of sponsors on 420 magazine, our topic in there is "Top LED Grow Light Discount" u can review it.:love: i just send a PM to u, please check it. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom