Hotboxkid530

Yes! This is my first grow :) (indoor using soil) so any info is helpful-
I just bought a 600 watt HID with a cooled hood and a digital dimmable ballast + timer. How many plants will I be able to grow?. How much grow space can a 600 watt cover?? My ceiling is only 8 feet What size should my grow area be ?? + what size pots should I be using with (transplanting) seeds, to veg, to flowering, anyone ???

For a 600 watt, I would go 4x4x7. You can grow however many will fit in there, depending on pot size - 6 5-gallon pots, 35 1-gallon pots, etc.

What I do is this: I lay out eight rectangular seedling trays in a 4x4 space in my 4x6 flowering tent, creating four rows, each row having two trays. I grow perpetually, so I move four plants in every 2 weeks, and pull four plants to harvest every two weeks.
Seedlings and cuttings go into a 3" pot, where I grow them under T5s for 3-4 weeks. Once they reach my desired height, I replant them into three gallon cloth pots, put them in the flowering tent in the seedling trays and voila! I found that I average around an ounce-per-gallon-pot I use, so instead of three 1-gallon pots, which gave me 1 ounce per plant dry-weight in the past, I use two 3-gallon pots, giving me approximately 3 ounces dry-weight per plant. The actual weight will vary by strain and conditions, but it's a pretty good ballpark figure for me.
The seedling trays are easier for me to water, as I just feed into the tray and let them 'bottom-feed', where they just suck the water up into the pot.

I have a 600 in an area of 4x3x7. It produces good crops. I use 6 3 gallon pots. Have been thinking about going to bigger pots, like 5 gallon as I think I will see higher yields.

Back
Top Bottom