Lighting Question - Autos mixed with Photoperiod Clones

a2zunknown

So as the title explains I have 5 autos and today was given 4 clones that were to be executed. Too many plants. (We are law abiding round here) lol. Tonight I noticed 2 of the autos started flower. The clones are not autos. I have a 1000w hid ballast. I had 2 plants in this room flowering until i harvested today so I had the hps bulb in. Until tonite when I got the clones. I put in the mh and switched the light schedule to 18/6 to accommodate the clones as autos are not affected by light. But I am thinking maybe I should go back to hps so the autos have a better flower. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. The 2 I harvested were my first 2 plants. So I'm only on like grow 1.5) My questions are... 1. Should I let the tiny autos go thru flower under MH or switch to HPS? If so what affect will this have on the clones? I won't get hardly anything as far as yield from these autos so I'm not sure if accommodating them is wise when I can tend to these clones and get as much from one as I do off all 5 autos. Right? 2. Can I use the HPS til the autos are done then go back to mh til I wanna flower the clones? Will switching spectrums back and forth hurt them in any way? I think this is all I have. Any thots?

Re: Light Spectrum/schedule Question... Autos mixed with new clones

I would run HPS on autos and get Daylight 6500k T8/T5 or CFL to add for reg clones for now. Light will have to be on 18/6 but that way would work best for yields for what you have.

run your autos 12/12, it means they will take to the outside of their flowering time-scales, so if they're advertised as 8-10, they'll take 10 weeks, but will yield more - I pull 60 grams from them each in 1 Gallon pots :Namaste:

Thanks CO. I will do that. I have cfl's I used before I got the HID. 3 45w 5000 and 3 23w 6500 I can use. And engineer, I can't go to 12/12 now cuz the clones but I will keep that in mind for next time. But did u mean 12/12 start to finish? Or just once they flower? Also if anyone knows, will switching my light from hps to mh and back to hps screw anything up with these girls?

Once the clones are ready to flower. Just keep the hps in there for autos and add cfl 6500k for clones in same room. Just make sure you are running 18/6 on all of lights. Then when clones are ready just flip to 12/12 on all lights

Run the hps but be careful with that 1000 w clones dont need much light and will become stressed . I would place the clones as far away from that 1000 watt

Back
Top Bottom