lighting question

racoon1

We have a 4x9 1/2 x8 ft room that we built it is completely sealed off and vented. Were going to flower the girls (about 12) within the next 3-6 days and we were wondering what you all thought about our lighting and if you could give us any input on how best to work with what we have. What we have is a 400w hps , 1000 MH, 250 MH <------may or may not be used. 400 wat and 1000 wat will have vented hoods (squirrel cage intake, inline exhaust). We are just curious cause we are new to this and dont know if we should rotate the plants under the lights to give them a better spectrum mix. any input would help. :reading420magazine::morenutes:

in flwr you need the proper spectrum!
your hps are the key! the mh will grow bud, its the wrong lighting though. you need fall lighting more reds!your bulbs, what type? i love the eyehortilux!! stay away from cheap products. do your reasearch and find the best equipment for the money. there are many substandard lighting systems ive seen. they look fantastic, why does my little 430 watt hps out grow my friends 600 hps watt by a mile. same plant i started both then gave to him at flwr time. i was amazed. my system is 10 yrs old. bulbs only 4 months old.
i turn each plant a 1/4 to 1/2 turn everyday. i also bend the entire plant at once then bend at the stem. no harsh bending, the plant should recover the same day!
what color are the inside walls? flat white paint lasts the longest and is almost as reflective as mylar! at way less money!!!!!
peace

in flwr you need the proper spectrum!
your hps are the key! the mh will grow bud, its the wrong lighting though. you need fall lighting more reds!your bulbs, what type? i love the eyehortilux!! stay away from cheap products. do your reasearch and find the best equipment for the money. there are many substandard lighting systems ive seen. they look fantastic, why does my little 430 watt hps out grow my friends 600 hps watt by a mile. same plant i started both then gave to him at flwr time. i was amazed. my system is 10 yrs old. bulbs only 4 months old.
i turn each plant a 1/4 to 1/2 turn everyday. i also bend the entire plant at once then bend at the stem. no harsh bending, the plant should recover the same day!
what color are the inside walls? flat white paint lasts the longest and is almost as reflective as mylar! at way less money!!!!!
peace
dont want to start a pissing match but.....MH lamps work great..been using them for 25 years. HPS is great too. but dont believe the hype. Ive used every lighting source known and both MH and HPS are great....havent done Plasma

whos gettin angry?
mh are supposed to be designed for vegin. (spring-summer color spectrum more blues) scientific stuff i dont watch to much!
hps are supposed to be for flwrin. (fall color spectrum more reds like nature)
now i dont listen to anyting but everything.
i run a hps in veg for 18 hrs, my results are fantastic. i do believe they would be even better with the mh. whos the money. not i! so i use what i have and all i have are hps.
the statement is for optimum results! not written in stone. there are always other ways. some better than others. ive only been growin a short time, 10 yrs i believe so you go man. sounds like your doin it fine!

thx for all the responses. We got what we got and that is mostly MH. Marvin thx for the informational but simple response. I have seen and smoked really dank bud that was flowered under MH with just growing MH lamps no fancy MH-HPS conversion stuff...the buds are just fluffier. So should we move the plants around the room so that they sit under hps somedays and mh others or should we just put the plants under the lights and let em go? So we get fluffier bud on half the room and tight buds on the other half....but I dont know.:reading420magazine::morenutes:

i spoke of no conversionya all are somethin good luck!
you dont need my help.
some member you are.
tryin to help with info is all
i forced notin on you u asked and i gave the best answer i could. yea there is prob. better ones. ive a brain injury and cannabis helps like nothin else. thanks for being so polite ill be sure to tell others!
peace

I made sure to thank everyone who posted a response...didn't mean too offend you man. Oh yeah you asked what color our walls are in the room, we bought black and white poly from the local grow shop and its covering the walls and floor. And as for the bulbs we got a 400 wat HPS ultraspectrum and for both of the MH lights we dont have any bulbs yet. Again sry for the mis-interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom