Lighting questions

ChronicMonkey

Hey guys..

Got a quick question about the lighting.. Now i know 6500k is best for vegs and 2700k best for flowering.. Now i purchased a 85w 6500k cfl this morning for vegs, i was gonna buy two but they only had one in stock.. Now they only have 20w 2700k cfls.. Thats the highest wattage they can help me with 2700k spectrum.. So that means i will need about 6 odd of these for my setup for 1-2 plants.. Now i was wondering.. Before i purchase another 85w 6500k cfl bulb.. Cant i get 3-4 20w 2700k bulbs and combine them with the 85w 6500k cfl bulb.. And then run 85w 6500k + 80w worth of 2700k from veg right through flowering for the whole growth of the plant. So it will get a 50/50 odd mixed spectrum right throughout. Hope this makes sense what I'm trying to explain.. Im planning to only run vegs for 3 weeks odd, where in this time frame i will be implementing topping and lst and then at week 4 i will switch over to 12/12 lighting to force flowering... Is this okay and will this work?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How will it effect bud density and quality and yield?

420-magazine-mobile1150410052.jpg

Here is a pic of the globe and size difference just for shit and giggles .

How will it effect bud density and quality and yield?

420-magazine-mobile1150410052.jpg

Here is a pic of the globe and size difference just for shit and giggles .

To be really honest bro, if you are worried about bud density CFL's period are about your worst enemy. Veg is fine to use 6500k mixed with 2700k. It's good to have a more full spectrum even in veg. A good practice is 2X blue light to 1x red light in veg and just the opposite in flower.

Hey all..

Quick question, i have an option between the follow two warm white bulbs.. Which one would be the best option?

420-magazine-mobile35696169.jpg

Warm white 20w led bulb
Wattage: 20w
Colour temp: 2700k
Lumens: 1200

420-magazine-mobile614080895.jpg

Warm white 20w spiral cfl
Wattage: 20w
Colour temp: 2700k
Lumens: 1200

As you can see the specs are the same and the price difference is very little.

I started out using led bulbs to compliment my t5 display last year...I switched back to cfl's only because due to a cool spring, I wanted all available heat...not that cfl's throw lots of heat, but more so than led's...leds are said to have a longer life span as well...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

hey guys.

so i finally got my setup going but still a lot to do. currently its a full cfl setup and went with a mix of 2700k and 6400k lighting from the get go.

Now here is my question when i move onto flowering i should be running 120w worth of 2700k cfl's. now can i add maybe two of these led grow bulbs in the mix too

Specification:
Input voltage: AC85-265V
Operating frequency: 50 ~ 60Hz
Output current: 600mA
Number of LEDs: 28pcs
LED Wattage: 28W
Working environment: -20 ~ 40 ?? 45% ~ 95% RH
Lamp color: red (630nm) / blue (460nm) white / infrared / ultraviolet
Illumination: 1m / 5850,1.5m / 1100,2m / 9630
Lumens: 800lm
Irradiation area: 5M2 / 4m
Material: Aluminum
Size:
Length: 70 mm
Diameter: 50mm

I can get them at a very good price, basicly paying cost as a friend is hooking me up.

So guess the guestion is can i add two of these to the mix?

i knew a friend that made a backing plate to support 10 of these, rectangle holding 5 on each side worked well for him.
atleast if you did that you would have a great 280w or there abouts to support your 2 plants.

well plan is to add them with my cfl's later in the flowering stage. the idea is to have 20w 2700k x6 for the flowering stage and to keep the 2 85w 6400k in there. but if i have the cash by that time i will replace the 2 85w 6400k cfl's with 2 of these 28w led globes. so flowering stage will look as follows

option 1: 6x 20w cfl 2700k = 120w 2700k with 6720lm

option 2: 4x 20w cfl 2700k + 2x 85w cfl 6400k = 80w cfl 2700k 4480lm + 170w cfl 6400k 10200lm

option 3: 4x 20w cfl 2700k + 2x 28w led = 80w cfl 2700k 4480lm + 56w led 1600lm

between the three, which would be a better setup in the flowering stage?

option 2 maby?
is affordability something thats a concern sort a speak?
the reason i ask is by the time you have spent money on all these bulbs you could of bought 2 good 300w cfls.
i bought a dual spectrum that did veg and flower perfect with 4 plants.

CFLs aren't made to grow plants, and they're not efficient for herb growing, contrary to what you might read here. They're fun to fuck around with if you're investigating wether or not you want to enter this hobby seriously, but if you're already serious about growing the only thing those wonky little bulbs are really good for is rooting clones if you can't afford a 12" 2-bulb T5 setup.

I will say this: Go over to Reddit & check out r/spacebuckets they do some nutty shit with 5 gallon bucket grow rooms all the way up to modified 55 gallon trash cans that run off raspberry pi controllers.

Enjoy! .

CFLs aren't made to grow plants, and they're not efficient for herb growing, contrary to what you might read here. They're fun to fuck around with if you're investigating wether or not you want to enter this hobby seriously, but if you're already serious about growing the only thing those wonky little bulbs are really good for is rooting clones if you can't afford a 12" 2-bulb T5 setup.

I will say this: Go over to Reddit & check out r/spacebuckets they do some nutty shit with 5 gallon bucket grow rooms all the way up to modified 55 gallon trash cans that run off raspberry pi controllers.

Enjoy! .

Your opinions are valued...and like yours or mine...they are to be taken with as many grains of salt...CFL's weren't made to grow cannabis...doesn't mean it can't be done...and there is documented proof on this mag!...original HPS and MH weren't designed for cannabis either...more like yard lighting...and further developed to accommodate this hobby...not meaning to take you to task...but...maybe a disclaimer on your opinions would help novice growers to make some decisions...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom