Lighting Questions

A straight rod or piece of metal will help with the creasing. Leave the bottom on the can but cut ~85% around it. Then bend it up a little bit so that it also reflects the light downwards and outwards.

A straight rod or piece of metal will help with the creasing. Leave the bottom on the can but cut ~85% around it. Then bend it up a little bit so that it also reflects the light downwards and outwards.

Alright man you got me motivated. I dimpled one and it made it more rigid. I don't need any wire. It shaped well, and seems to reflect better now too.

Since I was doing it, I made a new one, and made it into a how-to.

CFL-Reflector-How-To

Let me know what you think.

Alright man you got me motivated. I dimpled one and it made it more rigid. I don't need any wire. It shaped well, and seems to reflect better now too.

Since I was doing it, I made a new one, and made it into a how-to.

CFL-Reflector-How-To

Let me know what you think.

I think you deserve REPS for creating a pictorial how-to!

I have newbie question.

I live in a tropical country, I'm growing indoors because I do not have a back yard, I'm growing 5 plants at the moment, most of them they have only 4 leaves, the oldest one have 10 days and the newest 3 from being germinated.

The characteristics of my growing room are this:

- 52inches x 30inches
- 90.5 inches tall, from the floor to the sealing.
- It is a solar, and the plants receive sun light from 5am - 4pm, the cover sealing from the solar is not completely transparent is kind of white, but at mid day it is plenty of sun.
- In addition, I have one CFL 23W 24hrs to help them grow.
- I have a fan to clear the air twice a day.

Is this enough for the vegetative process?

All right so I went to homedepot today to look at CFLs.

I have a question on what type I should get.
What is better, more lumens, or a light that produces fake daylight.

I am confused weather to buy a Bright light or a daylight. Bright light has more lumens but i don't know if I need the fake daylight.

What would be the best for a new grower?

And how many lumens is enough?
The bright light I saw was a 120w equiv and produced 2000 lumens
while a 100w daylight equiv produced 1400 lumens.

-Jayson :peace:

Well bro, you want the daylight bulbs for vegging and the bright light (soft white) bulbs for when you start the budding or flowering stage. The daylight bulbs have more of the blue light spectrum in them which is needed for vegging, while the soft white bulbs have more of the red light spectrum in them and are great for flowering. With CFL's I always say its best to have at least 50W per plant. And those daylight bulbs are equiv to 100W bulb but only use 23W.

today at home depot look in the electrical/flood ligh section, look at the flourex bulbs

i picked up a 100w actual wattage cfl in the 6500k spectrum with 10500 lumens with a reflector type deal for only 60$

i have some 200w equivilent cfl's( i think the real wattege is around 70-80 or close to that. and between 4 of them it gives me 10,000+ in lumes. So where is this one cfl bulb that gives you that many lumes? can u give the name of light and what brand it is?

Back
Top Bottom