Lighting: Red, White Or Blue?

MrAnxiiouz

Yo whats good ladies and gents. I'm a noob and currently on my first grow right now (Day 10).
I live in the tropics and have a 12-12 photoperiod all year round, so I decided to go with supplemental lighting strategy to make it a 17-7 to prevent pre-flowering, etc. Plant is outside during the day then I bring it in an hour before sunset for additional light.

I recently got this 32w Feit LED light source (Adjustable 3-Color Spectrum 2ft LED Grow Light - Feit Electric)
and it comes with a white, red, and blue switch.
Here are my questions:

1. What is the best for vegetation cycle? Using Red-White-Blue or only White-Blue?
2. What is the best for flowering cycle? Using Red-White-Blue or only Red-White?

From what I read, I came to the conclusion that white contains the full spectrum and the additional blue light would help its vegging state. BUT, I also read that you can use the all R-W-B for vegetation cycle.

What is the most optimal light source for vegging and flowering?

Thanks cannabis fam. Smoke one and stay healthy!

at 32w just throw everything full on. all you are doing is interrupting the dark cycle. the light won't be strong enough for much, if any growth.

leave outside to flower if you have consistent 12/12. you might even have to cover the plant to extend the dark cycle or ensure a full 12 hr dark period.

I agree with bluter completely ... u live in climate that is weird for growing but also great for it .. the 12/12 lighting is not necessarily a bad thing .... durring flowing u need that darkness ..... as far as the red verses blue verses white lighting i have found that full spectrum lighting is best for veg., but complete dark is best for flowing Just work with the light u have and u will figure out a medium that works for ya .... keep us informed about ur grow .... u are in the best place for knowledge ...the best growers in the world are here to help :lot-o-toke:

Cool cool. Yeah, just used full capacity cause it’s only 32W. I leave my plant outside during its dark cycle. I’ll probably DIY something to cover it up when it gets bigger and goes into flowering.

thanks homies!

Back
Top Bottom