Lightproofing grow tent vents - Please help!

Noraad

420 Member
Hey all.

I have a 2'x2'x4' grow tent that I got on Amazon. It has a place to insert ducting on the top and the bottom. It also has two little mesh rectangular flaps that you can open up or leave closed, sealed with velcro. With the fan I'm using for my out-take (at the top of the tent), it's creating a lot of negative pressure in my tent, so I need to keep the rectangular flaps open constantly. I need to have my fan running 24/7 for my carbon filter to do it's job correctly.

The problem is, I need to use this room (the tent is in my home office) during the dark cycle. Does anybody have a solution or possible way to light-proof these rectangular velcro vents without inhibiting airflow?

Thanks in advance

Buy a fan specifically for your duct. They aren't expensive. Basically the same as your extractor with filter, but cheaper. I think mine was £15. Sounds like you already have ducting.

Buy a fan specifically for your duct. They aren't expensive. Basically the same as your extractor with filter, but cheaper. I think mine was £15. Sounds like you already have ducting.

That's awesome advice, thanks so much! I'll give that a shot.

If you Google "light-proof vent," you'll get a lot of results for how to fabricate one. Basically you have a series of black baffles that form a "torturous path" that light can't get past but air can.

(Or buy one, but they can be spendy.)

Back
Top Bottom