Lights 2x led 1x hps duel spec?

Rkelly496

Setup : 1x led 300w duel spec
1x hps 250w duel spex
5x purple haze
4x white wid/amni/sour diesel/ak autos
I've just ordered another 100w duel spec led lol the purple haze has just been flipping to flower 3.5 weeks in veg what you guys recon that's enough light right !?

Is the one u have on the way 100 from the wall also? R u growing in a tent? The rule of thump is 35w per square foot, so a 2x2 tent would get 140w and so on
The one on the way is 100w from the wall there is also a 250w hps and 600w one and no it's in a wardrobe at the moment will be investing in a tent next month

I’d say keeping the temperature down in there with the hps might get tricky lol how big is the closet?
Also I can last train while flowering? There first day of 12/12 today that's an old picture btw

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_181829.jpg
    IMG_20200916_181829.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 56
If it’s the first day u can definitely train, I would try to have the hps centered and have the blurples on either side, just cause the hps has more power
That's the plan hps in the middle and 2 leds ether side that should be plenty of light for a nice yeild?

good led costs unfortunately.

that 100 watter would make a great seedling light. and there's nothing wrong with using it as a cheap supplemental to your main lighting, but it's not much of an investment. the hps are gonna be doing the main lifting here.

i run a true draw 600w cob rig in an area under 4 x 4 - that's over kill - it's about a 5 x 5 rig , but i can dial it back, and only run around 75% or so tops, even in flower. so i'm probably pulling 450 ish. newer led designs are a touch more efficient, but not enough to write home on.

the short hand way to judge a led fixture is to check the specs on the driver(s) - whatever they draw, is the max they can supply to the emitters, and is an indication of their true power.

to cut through the noise of how they equate to a standard digital ballast hps or hid fixture :
a good led fixture is about 40% more efficient, measured on the true draw of the driver.
i'm gonna get opinions on that lol

burple is dead. look in to white light fixtures. there are good examples in the sponsors.

9 plants?
How long do you plan to veg them for?
You'll need an 8X8 tent to do them justice assuming you veg for at least 4 weeks
@bluter gives good advice regarding your lighting.
With that many plants, your cheapest option is HPS
If you decide to go LED, get a loan if need be to do it right

If you decide to go LED, get a loan if need be to do it right

don't beat the poor guy off with a stick lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

good led costs up front. but you save so much on the back end, and gain so much more control over the grow, you'll never look back.

there is not one grower who switched from hid to a good led rig who went back. not. one.

edit: to the OP - serious, check out the sponsors - reach out to them and plan a budget.

edit edit: did not add but approve of the > sponsors < link - just did that to see if it would happen again ... :p

Back
Top Bottom