Lights question- Any experience with Sylvania Gro-lux Wide Spectrum 20w CFL tubes?

squint2focus

Alright, Guys... who has experience with these? I was given a grow rack that has three shelfs, height adjustable each with their own light shelf above. Each light shelf has 4 lights in it and here is what they say:
Sylvania Compact Flourescent Gro-lux Wide Spectrum
F20t12/GRO/AQ/WS
CANADA 20w Hg<--- the Hg has a circle around it, and running vertically at the end of the light is an underlined H with 598 under it.

The shelves are too close together to use all three but I was thinking of taking out the middle ones and only using it as a two-shelf system. Pictures to come. :yummy:

Re: Lights question- Any experience with Sylvania Gro-lux Wide Spectrum 20w CFL tubes

If you have bag seed ide use all of the grow site you can use. You will lose some and then some will be males. Then you will prob end with as many as you want. I learned that the fun way lol. Im not sure but Hg is the periodic table sign for Mercury, the 598 may be the lumens rating for that bulb. you could always invest in new bulbs also. Is it going to be a hydo drip system?

Re: Lights question- Any experience with Sylvania Gro-lux Wide Spectrum 20w CFL tubes

1) its not going to be hydro. At least, I wasn't planning on it! Would it be a better setup for hydro than soil?

100_30771.jpg

See how close the shelves are to each other, though? The plants wouldn't have much room to get tall. Will probably take out middle shelves so that I don't have to stick with lowryder-ish strains.
100_3080.jpg

2) 2 pins
100_3085.jpg

100_3087.jpg

Anyone else have/ever used a setup like this before? I have NO clue where my friend got it. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? I'm not even sure if this is usable for our intents and purposes, but I'm sure hoping so!!

:ganjamon:

PS: 12 lights total

You could take them out and grow taller plants but you wil need side lighting. correct me if im wrong but i dont think just the cfls above would give the desired outcome. It looks like its set up for hydro grows but could use soil for your medium. How many plants do you plan to grow with this set up at one time?

that looks great for mass producing seedlings. an for veg cycles. i would also like to know whether these gro-lux bulbs are worth anything since im using one in my grow.

From what I know... your better off with a cheap high spectrum bulb than anything that says "grow" when it comes to flourecents... higher lumen output generally. T-5s are really the way to go...

This looks like a great clone rack to mass produce or keep your clones. The club I went to had something that looked like that with thier clones in them.

clone/seedling rack is what this set up would be great for. You could try to lst your babies so that you can run with short bushy girls :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom