Lights too close? got pix

ViCiOsO

Hey guys .. was wondering if I'm letting my plants get too close to the light.
I'm using a 400hps. The plants are about 8inches (24cm) from the light. They haven't shown any signs of being burnt and are doing pretty well.

I've really been trying to concentrate on getting light to all the bud sites, so I really don't want to raise the lights if I don't have to. Oh, also, I have two small fans blowing on both ends of the reflector. These definitely keep it cooler. I'm assuming it's only beneficial if my plants are doing alright with more light and no burn(?).

DSC01157.JPG

I'm constantly tucking, moving, and tying fan leaves around on this plant to give light to all the budsites. Should I keep doing this, or let the buds find the light on their own?

DSC011601.JPG

DSC01163.JPG

DSC01164.JPG

One of each. No sign of burning.

DSC01165.JPG

DSC01172.JPG

I can see no lamp burn. In fact, your plants look very healthy! If your ambient air temp is coolish, you can have lights closer than recommended. I always go by how it feels on the back of my hand. I prefer flowering in winter, as it is easier for me to keep temps in control, and I like that I can get the lights closer. Right now I have a 1000W MH 12" above my plants - with a fan to move air vigorously.

Your plants are looking very good. The leaves pointing upwards like that is a good sign that they are loving life. There are no signs of damage from your light, however these plants do stretch alot during the first few weeks of flowering so pay close attention to the tops and move the light up if you have to.

I hang my 1000hps 4 to 6 inches above my ladies. It's on a mover and is air cooled which helps keep the heat down. The more light the better. When I first came around one of the members here (I believe it was urdedpal but I might be wrong) was seeing how close he could go without harming his. I believe he had bleaching but no actual heat burn and was almost touching his lamp. Ask him about it next time he's on.
Nice grow by the way.

Air cooled mover? Are those the ones I've seen on rails? If so, sounds like you have a hell of a set up. You should show your ladies off man. Let's see em'!

Well I currently have my 400hps about 4 inches from the top of the tall plant. Plus, the plant's near the tip of the bulb where it's not as hot. So far, she's doing good. I'm keeping a close eye on her.

I wonder if the bleaching cost Urdedpal any quality... I'll have to ask him. Thanks for the info Race.

yep it's on a rail. A 4 foot mover. It a a hell of a set up. Enviromental controller, 8" elicent fan for exhaust, a blower fan for the air cooled light, digital timers, TDS and PH meters and all sorts of other things a room needs. All utilized in a 4 foot x 5 foot and 7 foot tall room with a drain in the bottom. It's taken me 5 years to accumulate all this too though.:) I started with shop light floros and pc and bathroom fans. The money I saved from not having to buy meds I put into my room. It's now paid for itself plus all the equipment 10 times over. If I were to go back to hydro I could automate the entire grow and only go into the room to raise the light or change out nutes. But I like to looka and touch my babies.lol Sorry! No camera. I dropped it on the kitchen floor and never worked again. Maybe I'll get one for my b day next month.

yep it's on a rail. A 4 foot mover. It a a hell of a set up. Enviromental controller, 8" elicent fan for exhaust, a blower fan for the air cooled light, digital timers, TDS and PH meters and all sorts of other things a room needs. All utilized in a 4 foot x 5 foot and 7 foot tall room with a drain in the bottom. It's taken me 5 years to accumulate all this too though.:) I started with shop light floros and pc and bathroom fans. The money I saved from not having to buy meds I put into my room. It's now paid for itself plus all the equipment 10 times over. If I were to go back to hydro I could automate the entire grow and only go into the room to raise the light or change out nutes. But I like to looka and touch my babies.lol Sorry! No camera. I dropped it on the kitchen floor and never worked again. Maybe I'll get one for my b day next month.

Sounds like you got all the toys man. I saw a similar set up at a grow shop. Very impressive. I hope you get that camera next month. We definitely need pictures.

And thanks Loc. I really don't want my plants to stretch anymore. I'd like for that energy to be put into bud formation. Thanks for the input though. Check out my grow, I have more recent pictures. First Grow: 2 white widows

Back
Top Bottom