Lights weren't on for a few days

take2hikes

I am hoping this is the right section for this.

I have a friend and their lights were off during the light period (timer issue) for 3-4 days. The plants were in their 2nd week of flowering. The question is, how long can they be in a dark period like this without stressing to the point of becoming hermaphrodites?

Thanks guys!

.t2h

You should be fine, the extended dark period shouldn't have any negative effects. It's the interruption of the 12 hours of dark that cause the stress. THe extra dark period is sometimes used to "force" the plants to flower.

Sisco was out of power for a few days during the power outage in the NE and his plants are doing fine. Hempy Kush 400w HPS

Agree with SteveHman, - that long you should be able to just get away with it without noticeable/any stress. . a week might cause problems. I'ts why, and I know it's not always possible especially, if you're growing off site, it pays to visit each 24 hour period, during light and dark. My mate goes out 10 or 15 mins after lights on and again just after lights out to make sure everythings ok. once a day at the same time and you might miss that the lights aren't coming on or going off, hence the twice in 24 hours check up

Back
Top Bottom