Lights without disrupting light cycle

BlissfulToker

Because the lights in any grow room are incredibly bright, i would prefer to avoid them altogether. I heard it is possible to use a light emitting only green of the color spectrum. and it won't interrupt your light cycle, since obviously it would be used when the bright ones are off.

Is this true?
has anyone used this method before?

and if yes, what kind of light should be used? one of the green tinted party light bulbs maybe? or something specialized?

Wont work. Plants reflect green light, they can't absorb it. Sorry to disappoint!

If you mean can you use a green colored light to allow you to turn on this light (green) so you can enter and work on your plants without breaking the lights off ? I've heard the same thing but I'm not going to chance herming any thing, so I'll let the other guy try !!

@BlissfulToker, you are correct. a Green light works for that purpose when lights are off.

@HighWaterMark, you are half correct, they do reflect green light, which is why they are green! give them green light, and their pfr stays pfr w/o turning to pr. (which means no light cycle interruption)

Highwatermark, that's the whole idea. so someone could work within the room using a green light to avoid interrupting the light cycle. you don't want any of the light to be absorbed.

But what i really want to know is, what kind of light can be used?
just a regular green ''party light'', or something a little more high tech and expensive?

maybe we can collectively try and find a link to an actual scientific explanation, and what kind of light would work. I think a good portion of people would rather use a dim green light than burn their eyeballs out with a high powered HPS or fluorescent lighting scheme.

the green minor style head lamps are the way to go. imo

^^^ many use those or green headlamps w/o issue.
also heard about using glow in the dark strips successfully in some grows...but some have also said the constant glow might be an issue. i plan on testing the glow in the dark strips on my next cycle.

Back
Top Bottom