Lights

So I have a veg room (3 CFL household lights)
and a flower room (2 foot t8 fluorescent tubes x2)
I've been growing and still am in both rooms for a while now and the other day I decided to upgrade my lights I was gifted by a friend a lumilite 450w 2700k red spectrum light...honestly it's huge
And a Mars hydro 300-60 LED 124w.. It's about a foot long/wide
Will upload pics
Which light would be better for veg room and which light would be better for my flower room?? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 53
put that purple light in the flower room just so ya don't have to look at it all the time. if one needs a reason, then there is one

cheers

450w flower.. I'd rather use t8 for veg

Hahaha, two opposite answers..
LEDs only 124w, will need supplemental lighting with it in flower...

Only 132w from what I can see.. not sure why they continue to sell them at 100℅ diode rating rather than what they pull from the Wall, which is all that is required and relevant...

Only 132w from what I can see.. not sure why they continue to sell them at 100℅ diode rating rather than what they pull from the Wall, which is all that is required and relevant...
So do you recommend I use the 450w CFL for flower room and leave the led maybe add a few more small cfls in my veg room

Yeah flower with that, use t8 veg along with panel or cfl...

they continue to sell them at 100℅ diode rating rather than what they pull from the Wall, which is all that is required and relevant...

My guess is that some companies do so in order to scam the newbies - and that others do it so that they don't end up in the situation where they're trying to advertise/sell a 132-watt light in a marketplace full of "600w LED" products... with them being more or less the same level of output.

I agree that actual specifications are "all that is required and relevant." AND less confusing. I well remember the "100w CFLs" that were just 23-watt ones being (roughly) equivalent to 100-watt incandescent light bulbs :rolleyes: .

What's a seller to do? Advertise based only on actual wattage and have potential customers skip it because the price seems to be 3x more than other advertised products (on a watt-for-watt basis, I mean)? That might be a tough decision to make, albeit one that marketing department droids probably never even bother contemplating.

At least some manufacturers make sure to list the actual wattage of their products. NOT a perfect solution, but...

Should get them to change their specs..
Sara, you telling him to flower out with less power, do you actually grow?

Nope, what I suggest is to add the Mars 300, but not using only Mars 300, so it should be during veg use his T8, and during flowering, t8 and mars 300. :p
Should get them to change their specs..
Sara, you telling him to flower out with less power, do you actually grow?

Back
Top Bottom