Like A Virgin

I switched some from 1000w hps to a Mars 1200 and they done great, I started the light at about 38in from the canopy if I remember correctly and I would lower a couple inches a day till I got it were I wanted. I also switch some from led to hps and done it the same way and never had any problems. ✌️

Such a cool DIY setup, makes me want to build one. I am going to stick to soil for a bit but am excited about future grows with new media. I am subbed up for sure! :thumb:

I have that same light and I am super impressed by it. I haven't phased any plants into LED yet, I just grew them under it immediately. I could only give you an idea from what I have read. I am sure someone here has done it successfully. Anyways, I think treating it like any other light would work; give the plants some time under the LED and then turn it off. Increase the amount of time each day. If you have the time, check on them every now and then and gauge how long they can stay under the LED with no unhealthy signs. I did this exact thing when I added a 2nd LED(Viparspectra).

Hey Luck33y7,

Cheers for that info. I wasn't sure if I would need to phase in straight LED or just swap them straight out.

The setup is basically thanks to EBay ., with a complete kit (tent, water tub and pump, media (I do think the clay balls are the way to go, but that is on my very limited experience). The kit came with the CFL's and I bought a 45w LED, to see how they go. After the experience so far, lots of reading and chatting, I am going o the 600W LED, as I think it will do wonders.

Currently the kid are up 18hrs and sleep the rest. I have a mate dropping over today to hopefully sex them. I think (remember a total virgin at this game), but I think I have hit the jackpot with five girls . (I love bacon).

I will update when the LED arrives, and when I know if they are all girls, here's hoping.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

I switched some from 1000w hps to a Mars 1200 and they done great, I started the light at about 38in from the canopy if I remember correctly and I would lower a couple inches a day till I got it were I wanted. I also switch some from led to hps and done it the same way and never had any problems. .✌️

My tent is 1600 high, so, I expect the LED will be right up near the top. I have read some on not having the LED too close right away, but I plan to put it near the top, so it should have a good 2 ft clearance.

Looking well in here ans more light is what we all call for, that and more space. :laughtwo:

I would like a tutorial to that diy co2 generator. I run Temps close to 90f regularly and a little ghetto piece of kit will fit my tiny space real well.

Keep up the good growing :passitleft:

I simply googled CO2 Generator DIY. I based mine on this image

420-magazine-mobile271937164.jpg

A basic recipe of 1-2 cups sugar, in 3/4 of the bottle of warm water (dissolves some of the sugars), then throw in a satchel of yeast. Little swirl, then cap on.

Ideally an airtight seal is needed, hence my purchase of the DIY CO2 Generator Kit (some caps with sealed tubing and a pressure gauge. Better airtightness). That however runs on Citric Acid and Baking Soda from memory. All the info is easily found online.

I simply googled CO2 Generator DIY. I based mine on this image

420-magazine-mobile271937164.jpg

A basic recipe of 1-2 cups sugar, in 3/4 of the bottle of warm water (dissolves some of the sugars), then throw in a satchel of yeast. Little swirl, then cap on.

Ideally an airtight seal is needed, hence my purchase of the DIY CO2 Generator Kit (some caps with sealed tubing and a pressure gauge. Better airtightness). That however runs on Citric Acid and Baking Soda from memory. All the info is easily found online.
Have used identical setups for injecting co2 into aquariums for aquatic plants. Works well, although not super consistent. For this application though, consistent pressure won't matter nearly as much.

OK! Saturday night and time to feed the kids. Alright, I know they get fed 24/7, but tonight was nutrient night.

So last week the nutrient TDS in was 980 and the waste water has a TDS of 120. So my little brain tells me the kids are eating well, and there is a little left over, if they are still hungry.

420-magazine-mobile159953413.jpg

The starting TDS this week is 990.

I have toned down the Ph to 6.5 and will drop it to 6 next change.

Seems there is some interest in the setup I use. As I have told everyone, I am totally new to this, so I am using the K-I-S-S method.

The whole setup was a single kit on EBay. All I had to supply was water, nutrients and power.

420-magazine-mobile1250842493.jpg

The tent is brilliant. Zero light leak. The CFL and 45W LED have served well but are getting upgraded this week when the ViparSpectra 600W turns up. I am also upgrading the pump. That has been a saga in it self, so I went and got a bigger, more robust unit. That will arrive in the next week or so.

420-magazine-mobile1024897741.jpg

As you can see, nutrient change is a breeze. One holds the plants, the other swaps out the reservoirs. Again K-I-S-S.

The CFL currently sits approx 3-4 inches from the kids. We don't want them getting sunburnt now . . .

420-magazine-mobile1145594269.jpg

Almost forgot, the CO2 Generator. It isn't doing any harm ..

420-magazine-mobile2037653123.jpg

So, all is progressing well. Next update is when the new LED turns up.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

I live 16km from a Amazon, I love having same day delivery. I'm sure the wait is killing you. I'm the same way every time I order seeds from outside the US.

I wish! Aus Post is atrocious. I kid you not, 4 days to get a letter 18 km. But stuff coming from overseas, 1-2 weeks. The record is 3 days from China! Hmmm

Oh the excitement! The 600W LED has arrived.

420-magazine-mobile71754468.jpg

Now let's see what happens with 600W of what is described as the best possible light for the kids.

420-magazine-mobile945908728.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1784557352.jpg

I did take a couple more shots, the blue is grow, the full spectrum is bloom. Can't wait to see if the kids take off big time now.

Also changed out the CO2 Generator muck. Kids all look very happy.

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

Just checked the tent, kids look happy, the CO2 Generator has frothed up nicely, telling me the yeast is working and producing CO2. May only be a small amount, but any is better than none to me. Next update probably on Nutrient night. Unless they suddenly grow 10 inches over night ..

Puff Puff Pass -> -> ->

Back
Top Bottom