LionoFJudah27's Random Bag Seed Grow!

Update!!!!

Hello all!! Sorry it has been so long life has been shitting on me more than im used to!!!!

But any who that's something for another time............

There have been some significant changes to the grow, What started off as a 7 plant grow is now a 3 plant grow haha:laugh:

All that remains is Bagseed #'s : 7,6,5 two of them were the only females, and as for number 5 I still can't tell.

They are now almost 3 weeks into flower (2 days till) here are some pics:

IMG_0532_1_1.JPG

The one in the front is bagseed#6 I transplated her today from a 18 ounce solo cup to a 1 gal pot where she will finish out flower,I also ended up experimenting on this one a bit, I supercropped her by breaking the middle and it healed nicely!!:icon_coolThe plant to the left is #7 She is flowering nice as well, but I think she's gonna take longer due to a broken stem from the twine I used to LST her. *NOTE*:(Never tie tightly around plant it will grow around it) here is a pic:

IMG_0535_1_.JPG

It shouldn't be too bad in a couple weeks.

Here's a shot of #6 first pistils:
IMG_0534_1_1.JPG

Today was a feeding day for #6 I fed here a mix of tap water and Maxi bloom. It ppm'd at around 400. The Ph so far has been extremely easy for me, my tap water ph's at about 8.0 , an when mixed with maxi bloom it goes down to around 5.0, If you recall I have been using dolomite lime a soil neutralizer, and it working great!!!! My ph is always 6.5 I am however open to suggestions regarding this subject.

Well thanks for stopping by guys Positive Vibrations!:hippy:

I'm learning...what does LST mean?

Low Stress Training. manipulating how the plant grows by tying down branches as they grow. this encourages low, wide growth (and better light penetration to all parts) which most indoor growers need due to space considerations. Think of a Christmas tree compared to a Bonsai... same idea

Thank you for defining...I knew the technique...just not the lingo! haha! Mine are candelabra shaped now, but there are times you need to know other techniques, plants are all unique, like us!

Update!!!!
hello guys!!!

Sorry I have been really distant lately, Just have had an absurd amount of things going on:sorry:

But, on a lighter note, The girls are now in their 5th week of flower. The temps have been running steady at about 75 degrees during lights on, and the light is about 1ft 4in away from plants. I have still not had to PH my plants, as the Soil was neutralized with Dolomite lime at the beginning of my grow, and it is still working like a charm here at 5 weeks into flower. Bagseed #7 Has filled out nicely and appears to be chugging along as intended, here's some pics of her:

IMG_0564_1_.JPG

Im not sure if you can tell but recently she has started turning a pea green in some places, Im not sure whether its due to being in flower, or because of light bleaching perhaps??:hmmmm: But either way i'll continue to monitor it.

IMG_0560_1_.JPG

Overall The buds look good on her to me at least, although she is starting to drink a gallon every two days now. Here's a close up at beginning of week 5:

IMG_0550_1_.JPG

I recently discovered that I had been feeding #7 175% nute solution! :morenutes:, She has never complained! Took it like a champ!
Anywho, #6 (the one transplanted from solo cup) Has been growing nicely as well, although not as vigorously as #7>
IMG_0555_1_.JPG

I just fed her, Her run off Ph'd at 6.5, and ppm'd at 930. I'm hoping shes fills out some:bitingnails:
IMG_0556_1_1.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!!! Postive Vibrations everyone!!!1:hippy:

im late but following along for the ride!

glad to see you had luck with the pill bottle of seeds.

to store seeds for a longer period of time, keeping them in a cold dark area is recommended. i would have to imagine you have some old rare strains even though they are only 3 year old seeds. lucky!

I&i

Update!!!!

Hello to anyone who still holds a interest.....

I have absent for a long time due to life problems, but any who the girls have been chugging along for 8 and a half weeks they look great although one is still a little small

how much longer would you say is left?
IMG_0589_1_.JPG

The leaves have been dying off I figured this was due to the lack of Nitrogen in the late flowering phase. She started to really pump out crystals this last week, So I feel I am on the right track so far. I began to flush the plant this 8th week of flower, and previously I have been feeding maxibloom (7 Grams per gallon) The entire grow. Here's a pic of the small one:
IMG_0590_1_.JPG

This was the one I transplanted from a solo cup, it hasn't been wowing but this ;last week it has started to fill out finally:party:

All in all I figure maybe i am about a week from harvest? I dont have a loupe, and my magnifying glass sucks so I do't thik I'll be using the old trichome will tell you trick. Any suggestions anyone? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for stopping bye folks!
Positive Vibrations!:hippy:

@ 8 and a half weeks i would say you could go to 10 weeks safely if you have no way to judge your trics.

if you just started flushing i would say at the very earliest 6-7 days from when u started flushing. i would personally let it go for 10 weeks unless the leafs started to actually dye off and not just have the nitrogen sucked from them due to the lack of nitrogen in the flower feed.

i just had a situation similar to what i speak of myself in my journal, my grape ape got the same feeding as the other 2 strains, was the same distance from light, but decided to stop intaking nutes. (so now ive added a few boosters as well as vitamin b1 through out the grow to hopefully combat this issue)

i had to harvest her 2 weeks early and it really hurt my weight on her, was easily half of the other strain and a 1/4 of my big yielder sour tsunami.

I&i

Edit : in this coming week or two i would recommend you reading up on properly curing your harvest, it can be easily ruined in the harvest cycle if you dont have proper lighting and air flow as well as humidity and temp.

that sounds to me like the nitrogen is just being sucked out, they are in fact dying.. but not like i meant..

so yours are naturally dying i guess i should say, nature is taking its course..

This is not so natural down below on my pic ;)

20141013_080340.jpg

it looks yellowish, but that is a dark brown/brown deficiency,

im not positive, but i believe it lacked Calcium under the led and died.

the dark brown/brown Crispy edges is a late sign of calcium deficiency so it could very well be. but i was using a new light and new nutrients so it could have been a couple things. the other two were completely fine with the npk/boosters i was giving them. grape ape just said i cant handle this no more, and killed herself

I&i

Yes definetly natural, I figure i'll give it to maybe the beginning or the middle of week 9 so I ca flush it and let dry out one last time. I have a jewlers loupe on the way but idk if it'll get her before sunday. Either way im not too worried about havesting, way I see it out of my previous grows this is by far my best!:ganjamon: It's the curing part that has me freaked out:laughtwo: Maybe you can shed some light on tht matter briefly Collective.

blah, my grape ape turned out muff garbage! still eeked about that, but i got another one under a led with 5 other strains getting ready to flip into 12/12 in the coming weeks. so time to redeem herself will come.

these were done proper
20141030_084908.jpg
20141026_231010.jpg

about curing. there is two ways i recommend.

first is expencive, but if you can dedicate a tent or room to drying and basicly set it up like a grow tent without the light will be your best cure. the grow that i help out on, we have a 5x5 tent just for hanging. in that tent we have
a 4" blower pulling air from the tent
2 osciliating fans in opposite coroners
temp/humidity gauge
1 fan speed adjuster connected to blower

we also have a dehumidifier and humidifier for different seasons.

we keep the temp of the tent right around 60 degrees 50 is the lowest i have seen us go. it is for a slow cure, where it doesnt really dry the flower like it would at 70 degrees, it allows the flower to air dry not heat dry.

the humidity is never more then 65% and never lower then 50%. for the same reason, low humidity will suck the moisture out of your flower quick, which will leave a fowl taste sometimes you can get lucky and just have a earthy taste hay smell.

the second method, that i use for my personal grows.

is to trim the fan leaves off, hang the flowers and dry till the stem almost cracks in half, not fully dry crack but a nice stiffness to the stem.

i do a final trim at this point and place into a jar with a boveda 62% humidity pack (its the dumby proof way to cure) and place in a cabinet

every day i burp the jars for 10-20 min depending on how full the jars are

after a week or two in jars you should be able to take out and have a nice crack to the stem as well as a great smell with your flowers.

so i recommend you to get some boveda packs, they sell them at most grow shops or you can order a pack online. the C Vault that goes with them is only needed if you have money to throw away, you can either make your own like CoFinest did or you can use a mason jar. it all works good

I&i

cool, I was thinking mason jar, and a mini hygrometer that will go into jar along with buds so I can monitor humidity, and burp accordinly while maintaining 62-65% humidity. Drying wont be hard one for me I plan on using my tent without the light on with my 4in inline fa pulling air. Thanks for the advice Collective

sounds like a solid plan. im waiting for topled to get their tents in to try them out. one of the tents will be turned into a harvest tent and im excited for that ;)

I&i

dang that is alot of orange hairs!!!! pretty tho! LOOKING FORWARD to future updates ;)

Update:

It Is the beginning of week 9, and true to my word I harvested today as the pot was completely dry from last flush.:party:

It was a completely painless process, and I was pleased to see that Bag seed #7 produced quite a bit of resin which was completely unexpected, because of the unknown genetics. Here's a pic of buds after chop from roots:

IMG_0596_1_.JPG

Even though I failed in training this plant how I wanted I still believe that she grew pretty evenly.
I have placed bud on a hanger to dry inside my DS60 tent with the 4in. Inline exhaust fan for ventilation. Hopefully it doesnt take longer than a solid 7 days to dry, the current temp of tent is 73 degrees, and 37% humidity. I think this is adequate although I am ope to suggestions.

A pic after Trim:

IMG_0598_1_1.JPG

This was the main cola and the biggest by far, not bad for a 1 gallon pot grow but there is definitely ALOT of room to improve.:)

IMG_0601_1_1.JPG

I'll be going to buy a couple mason jars and a mini hygrometer tonight, Ill be sure to post a smoke report after a nice cure!

Positive Vibrations all!!!:hippy:

Back
Top Bottom