Lions Head Mixed Grow Outdoor Sesh, Cape Town 2019

Looking cute! I'm eager to see the results in a few days!
Aw shucks :) Thanks yes I love the signs of new growth. I am enjoying seeing how differently even the pips look when they push out tap roots, all the micro activity

Aw shucks :) Thanks yes I love the signs of new growth. I am enjoying seeing how differently even the pips look when they push out tap roots, all the micro activity
I'm looking to buy the same nutes as you have

Two icy rainy days... heavy rain... the coco drains well and seedlings are popping up in the pots. Both Swaz are up, along with the Blueberry and aMaphondo

Amaphondo? Is that a local strain? All I got in the Central region is skunk and the odd purple plant

Amaphondo? Is that a local strain? All I got in the Central region is skunk and the odd purple plant
aMaphondo is also known as the Transkei sativa, yes a landrace strain. I particularly like this one. It always worked well with my neurology. I tend to microdose my meds throughout the day. I am not going for a powerful stoner experience. The Transkei strain is energizing and uplifting. I find it a good one to focus and get down to chores or business.

aMaphondo is also known as the Transkei sativa, yes a landrace strain. I particularly like this one. It always worked well with my neurology. I tend to microdose my meds throughout the day. I am not going for a powerful stoner experience. The Transkei strain is energizing and uplifting. I find it a good one to focus and get down to chores or business.
That's does sound rather nice. I've noticed I have reduced my usual amounts cause I have a lot of couch lock buds but ja... I'll make due with what I get as I'm not so eager paying 160 - 200 a gram of indoor... Those days are behind me for sure

That's does sound rather nice. I've noticed I have reduced my usual amounts cause I have a lot of couch lock buds but ja... I'll make due with what I get as I'm not so eager paying 160 - 200 a gram of indoor... Those days are behind me for sure
Ja no, an indoor habit is costly unless it is your own stash you are smoking, and even then the input costs are high. That's why I am experimenting with low input methods myself and before I invest in good seed, I want to get a few good grows under my belt so that I don't waste. Right now I wouldn't want to put money into a project that might not yield so well :)

Ja no, an indoor habit is costly unless it is your own stash you are smoking, and even then the input costs are high. That's why I am experimenting with low input methods myself and before I invest in good seed, I want to get a few good grows under my belt so that I don't waste. Right now I wouldn't want to put money into a project that might not yield so well :)
The funny thing is I out in a bit of money and got a low yield but then I gained so much knowledge! Right now I'm almost done with my first actual grow and already I'm set for my next grow with 6 seedlings already growing nicely. I agree with not buying premium seeds yet until the "recipe" is learned. :thumb:

Yours do look good. Keen on seeing more updates!

The funny thing is I out in a bit of money and got a low yield but then I gained so much knowledge! Right now I'm almost done with my first actual grow and already I'm set for my next grow with 6 seedlings already growing nicely. I agree with not buying premium seeds yet until the "recipe" is learned. :thumb:

Yours do look good. Keen on seeing more updates!
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I took a look at your grow pics and some of the journal the other day but I must go back and take a closer look. I am quite busy at the moment so I haven't had much time on this site to catch up with what everyone is doing. Thank goodness for a weekend. Enjoy is and happy gardening :)

Morning. I wonder if someone can advise me please. My one Blueberry seedling is discoloured but looks strong. I am growing it in a used coco pot. Can that be a problem?

I'm not so clued up on it but are you ph balancing the water for coco? And are you adding in nutrients?

I'm not so clued up on it but are you ph balancing the water for coco? And are you adding in nutrients?
Hi Dkmg. Yes I am using the nutes as prescribed. I haven't tested ph because there is quite a lot of rain, so I am wondering if maybe it is nute burn from the previous plant.

I'm th
Hi Dkmg. Yes I am using the nutes as prescribed. I haven't tested ph because there is quite a lot of rain, so I am wondering if maybe it is nute burn from the previous plant.
at case its either or. Maybe flush with some ph balanced water and start the nutes a fresh. Take it with a picj of salt though haha I'm only doing my first coco grow now and just been going on what I learn from others. Maybe @Backlipslide will know?

I'm th

at case its either or. Maybe flush with some ph balanced water and start the nutes a fresh. Take it with a picj of salt though haha I'm only doing my first coco grow now and just been going on what I learn from others. Maybe @Backlipslide will know?
Yeah, I expect so but it is quite hard to sort out with all the rain washing through and flushing the coco. I will watch closely and see if it gets better. It looks like a scar to me, rather than recent damage. All my little seeds have popped in the coco now bar the skunk and silver haze which I think have possibly decomposed.

Morning. I wonder if someone can advise me please. My one Blueberry seedling is discoloured but looks strong. I am growing it in a used coco pot. Can that be a problem?

Is this the discoloured seedling your talking about?

Looks fine to me man! I used recycled coco once before, my plant stated out light, then got colour back after a few feedings.

Yours looks fine to me man.

Be careful leaving water droplets on your plants. The droplets can act as a magnifying glass and burn your plant.

You can foliage feed your plants, but that’s different then spraying water onto your plants. I know the flowering plant has rain on it, but for the seedling.

Back
Top Bottom