Liquid Sunflower Lecithin in concentrated olive oil

Dan Moore

Hi,

I need some advice on adding liquid sunflower lecithin to some very concentrated olive oil.
@SweetSue @InTheShed the question is how much in grams or teaspoons to each beaker?
Recovery.JPG

I have both beakers in the fridge now.

The background is that I took 16g of bud and decarbed and then infused into 200ml of olive oil my new Ardent.
I was then able to squeeze out 160ml of oil and then used it in another 15g, decarbed bud infusion.
The beaker on the left is what I was able to squeeze out from the double infusion.

I then took all the sludge, filter paper and 50g of trim and did 3 x acetone shakes to get 1.3 litres of wash that I evaporated down to 100ml.
This then went into a smaller beaker and evaporated before taking to 110C for around an hour on my stirrer hotplate.
I was surprised that I have recovered nearly all my 200ml of olive oil.

Do I need to add LSL?
and if yes, how much to each beaker?

Many thanks,

D

I trawled various posts and saw various amounts added from 7:1 to 30:1
I settled on 15:1 and approximated 1ml of LSL equals 0.9g from a website that has various materials mass to volume conversion.
The left beaker got just over 7g and the right beaker just under 5g.

Sorry to just be getting here! The standard for LSL is 1Tbs/cup of oil. You'll need to warm the oil up first to get them to blend though. Then leave it overnight in the fridge to do its thing and you're good to go.

I haven't seen @Cannasavvy in a long time. Hope she's well!
Thanks.
This is then roughly 240ml oil to 15ml Lecithin which is 16:1 and was what I saw Dave Groomer was using and the middle target for me to hit.
The beakers have magnetic stirrers in them, so I put them on a 60C hotplate at 300rpm and this worked well for the mix.
30 mins heating and 15 mins mixing.

I will get around to weighing LSL vs volume at some stage.
It will probably be easier to weigh an empty bottle versus a full one.

Back
Top Bottom