Little black dots

Beezlebuz

420 Member
First outside grow and would really appreciate any advice. Plants are seemingly healthy and well into veg state. Being my first time I tried super cropping a few times and split several stems in the learning process which have since healed... some with large dried opennings still. I have also been dealing with a small glassy winged sharpshooter infestation brought on from nearby grapevines.

The reason I state all this is because I understand these could all be issues that introduce different types of diseases.

So far when I see the black on the leaves I was trimming them off but as this left a whole cola bare i feel this is eventually going to do more harm than good.

Black dots can be seen in the three leaces snipped from two plants. It is not very bad but thats largely due to me checking on these plants every day and snipping those off as soon as i saw them.

Again any advice would be appreciated.
As far as nutrients go I have only put in a few months worth of blood meal in and worm castings. Trying to keep this as organic as possible.

Attachments

• 20200630_102902.jpg
    20200630_102902.jpg
    958.3 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to 420, Beezlebuz! :welcome:

Those black dots look like thrip poop- no need to cut leaves off because of the dots.
Spraying the plants with neem oil should get rid of most of the thrips- concentrate on spraying the undersides of the leaves, and you may need to spray often if the thrips are coming from the nearby grape vines.
Don't spray them in direct sun, or it can do damage to the leaves-spraying in the late evening is best, and you don't want to spray within 3 weeks of harvest, or the neem will make the buds taste bad- and you don't want that!

Back
Top Bottom