Little black spots just starting: Is this normal? If not how do I cure?

Neffmau5

420 Member
70108ED6-1E90-4FAD-99B1-5C1FA46C1779.jpeg

Could it be I have it by other plant's. I literally just put the seed in a pit that I was growing a pine tree in
929628B8-BF59-43C9-BF17-75D671BC7C23.jpeg

Could it be I have it by other plant's.
With all those plants one on top of another it is not hard for insects to move from plant to plant.

I literally just put the seed in a pit that I was growing a pine tree in
There is a chance that the pine tree is acting as a natural repellent but don't count on it. Some natural predators are in the garden so they are probably coming to your plant and keeping insect numbers under control.

A few might notice the little pine tree. Putting the seed in the pot with the tree and leaving the plant there for this long is another problem. Both of them are competing for the nutrients and water in the pot. They both will slow down unless you can get some proper fertilizer to them. It looks like it will be really hard to separate them and still be able to keep both alive, but it could be done.

Surround your plants with chrysanthemums they're full of pyrethrin, a really good bug killer. Here's a list of good garden plants that will repel bugs, in no particular order:

8 Plants that Repel Bugs and Mosquitos
  1. Citronella. ...
  2. Lavender. ...
  3. Marigolds. ...
  4. Nasturtiums. ...
  5. Rosemary. ...
  6. Basil. ...
  7. Mint.
  8. Chrysanthemum

Surround your plants with chrysanthemums they're full of pyrethrin, a really good bug killer. Here's a list of good garden plants that will repel bugs, in no particular order:

1. Citronella. ...
  2. Lavender. ...
  3. Marigolds. ...
  4. Nasturtiums. ...
  5. Rosemary. ...
  6. Basil. ...
  7. Mint.
  8. Chrysanthemum
I have to disagree about the citronella - I grew a giant one on my front porch last year thinking to be protected when I sit out there at night, but it didn't help at all. Big G says that the 'citronella' in candles and such used for mosquito deterrents are not even from this plant, it is extracted from a form of lemon grass.

I have to disagree about the citronella - I grew a giant one on my front porch last year thinking to be protected when I sit out there at night, but it didn't help at all. Big G says that the 'citronella' in candles and such used for mosquito deterrents are not even from this plant, it is extracted from a form of lemon grass.
You’re correct the citronella geranium, often sold as “mosquito plant” is largely ineffective. Citronella grass is the real deal, it’s closely related to the lemon grass used in Thai cooking.

1. Citronella. ...
  2. Lavender. ...
  3. Marigolds. ...
  4. Nasturtiums. ...
  5. Rosemary. ...
  6. Basil. ...
  7. Mint.
  8. Chrysanthemum
The one that catches my eye is the Marigolds. They might not be the best to include around our Cannabis problems.

While that flower does repel several types of insects it turns out that it attracts one of the worst ones for Marijuana, the Spider Mite. The plant can still help anyway by planting the Marigolds away from any Cannabis plants so that the mites will be many feet away, maybe 20 or more.

I have added some Chrysanthemums to the flowering plants on the patio because of the 'pyrethrin' it produces in every part of the plant and then especially in the flowers when they start to bloom in the fall.

And the Rosemary is good for repelling insects with the added bonus that a few sprigs of stem and leaves can be cut off for adding to chicken, pork, fish and many more dishes we cook up in the kitchen.

But the Citrolella plant looks so cool. Plus it smells great even if it does not scare off the mosquitos.;)

THat doesn't look like bug to me. Not enough of it, not correct patterns or colors. Well, I guess I haven't seen all the bugs yet, but it doesn't look like thrips, aphids, spider mites, fungus gnats or ants. Looks like bit of fungus or rust scars.

Back
Top Bottom