Little green worm on plant

dickychuck

I live in Riverside county of Southern California. I was looking at my plants that I have growing in pots outside, and found a small green worm about a half inch long crawling up the stem to the top of the plant. Has anyone else seen this and know how I can prevent them

I live in Riverside county of Southern California. I was looking at my plants that I have growing in pots outside, and found a small green worm about a half inch long crawling up the stem to the top of the plant. Has anyone else seen this and know how I can prevent them

There are literally thousands of "little green worms" in CA alone... you are going to need to provide a picture to get any kind of ID. Best bet is to remove it, just to be safe.

Would you happen to have tomatoes/corn near by? Possibly a young tomato horn worm. Also been known to attack corn. Best to just pick them off as already stated by Odin.

As a matter of fact I do have tomato plants in the yard, or I should say I did till I received your reply. I have been picking them off and purchased some Safer Caterpillar Killer at the hydro store that can be applied up to harvest. The battle rages on, but I think I am winning! This is my first grow and I am learning a lot. Thanks to all for your help.

You can also try "BT". It stands for Bacillus Thuringiensis. But the name is BT and it is a Thuricide. It will control tomato hornworms. I was able to find it at most Farm & Feed Stores. The BT directions say you can use Molasses as a sticking agent to help the BT stay put on u plants. Good luck and post some pics of u girls.

Back
Top Bottom