live in MA plants flowered but now wont bud please help!!

listen2marley

my plants flowered close to a month ago and after 2 weeks looked no different so everyone here told me to go get some blooming nutes so i went and got a go box with a little of all the nutes you need. have been using them about every other day for 2 weeks and still not much of a difference. in that time my males showed there balls so i cut those and my females seem to have small bulges in the stem where it meets the stalk but still no buds. is it because i live in ma and it doesnt get dark for longer than 12 hours untill end of october? im just getting very worried they wont bud and be ready for harvest in time. someone please help any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

DJ

Pictures would help! But your plant could have been preflowering for awhile before ever beginning actual flowering, right now theres about 14 hours of light in our area and your strain could depend on a shorter light cycle to begin flowering. As long as temperatures around here stay as they are, you should turn out fine just give em time.

ok ill post some pictures later today. there starting to look better the past few days but i still feel they should be further along. can you tell a strain just from looking at them? or atleast if their more indica or sativa? this is my first grow so dont know a ton so the more info i can get from people on here the better. thanks for the response!

indica-sativa-leaves.jpeg

A cross can exhibit somewhere in between, but favor one a bit more.

image4193.jpg
image4194.jpg
image4196.jpg
image4199.jpg
image4197.jpg
image4198.jpg

sorry it took so long to post these but how do they look? i feel like they should be a litte bigger by now still worried they wont be finished by harvest time. and how come some of the buds/pistils started turning purple today? also posted a picture of a leaf does it look like its more indica or sativa? would really appreciate any feedback and/or some tips on how to kind of force them to bud quicker so that there finished in time. also posted a pic of all 3 of my plants 2 i lst because i grew them all waay too close together and those are about 5 ft and the other one is just regular and is close to 6ft. any guess on how many grams/oz i could potentially get off all 3 combined? this will be my first harvest so not sure if im looking at an oz per plant or less or more like 4-6oz per plant. thanks again for the help everyone.

unfortunatly i cant there in the ground. any opinions on if they look more sativa or indica? around what date to you suggest for harvest dont want to let them go too long and have them get ruined. either of u from ma?

I live in northeastern ma. Your plants look normal for a sativa dominant strain. All we can do is hope for dry weather and a late frost. They're never going to finish in time so try to keep them out as long as possible. I have found that even though the sativas start and finish later, they tend to tolerate the cold better and be more resistant to bud rot. I'm guessing you grew these from bagseed? So you don't really know what you have? A sativa is going to have smaller, lighter, less dense buds anyway compared to an indica so don't panic. The good news is you've got some size on those plants so you'll get some weight just from so many buds even if they're smaller. I grew some sativa freebie seeds last year. The plants were huge and the buds were small. Real pain to trim. But it was weed, I could smoke it and it worked. Way better than no weed, man! Harvest was about the first week going into second week of October when the frost came. If you are in central or western ma you may have had a frost last night.

im in central Ma and fortunatly no frost yet. and by bag seed u mean seeds i picked out of some mids or something? which is not the case. i grew these from a friends harvest from last year. combo of seeds from the male plants and seeds from the females that the male polinated. he didnt know what he was doing and never pulled the males lol. although the bud was acually decent just obv chuck full of seeds lol will this make it a stronger strain since they already went through a grow season in MA?

No, it won't be a stronger strain. I think that you have a sativa dominant plant which just doesn't work very well in MA. You need indica dominants and other hybrids that finish in 8 weeks. There's definitely good ones out there. Last year I grew Wonder Woman, Swiss Cheese, Kaya Gold, Guerrilla's Gusto and a White Widow. Wonder Woman is a huge plant with dense buds that are easy to trim. Swiss Cheese is delicious. Kaya Gold is an early finishing sativa hybrid. Guerrilla's gusto resists the bud rot. White Widow is quite potent. I had terrible bud rot with Blue Mystic and Master Kush. This year I'm trying Mandala #1 and Holland's Hope. They are doing great but yield will be down because I got a late start causing the plants to be much smaller.

where can i get seeds like that though. iv asked on here and people said to go to mexico cartel and im just like really? i live in ma not going to mexico. and have also heard not to order online so i have no idea where to get them. id really like to try an auto. i know its a smalled yed but i just like the idea of a quick grow. would love any suggestions.

I have ordered from attitude, nirvana, herbies on my credit card direct to my home never a problem. I don't grow at home, though. Auto's are not necessarily low yield. I had a low ryder outdoors last year and it grew into quite a bush. Regular seeds are fine. Read the strain descriptions. Look for an 8 week finish with mold resistance.

I live in southeastern MA and have same issue it has been 6 weeks since pistols clusters formed on each cola it was fast preflowers 1 day clusters the next. It seemed fine but for the past 2 weeks little to no change. I am on my phone and it won't let me post pics so I will try and describe it. The pistols on the top are turning orange and the leaves are giving off resin but they have not turned inbox buds. It smaller and a lst grow so I found a box that I can cover it with. Was thinking of covering it so it got only ten hours of light but not sure would help. I am just worried as you're that it will finish in time. I am also a newb its bagseed grow and am not sure if it will be like when it got clusters like bam overnight

mine finally started to bud and are looking good. they are smaller buds but theres a ton of them which im told is normal for a sativa. 2 of my plants are lst as well and 1 is not and honestly the one that isnt looks the best by far so i dont think ill lst again. im going to keep each plant seperate when i harvest and see which i get more weight from though and will let everyone know. try to post some pictures if you can... hey I got a question for everyone though. my douchebag neighbor decided to cut my crown bud off one of my plants and they acually cut it at the stalk instead of just cutting the bud itself off. is this going to stress my plant or make anything negative happen to it at all? also i planted very early in april you think ill be ok to harvest oct 1st? Im moving and thats going to be my last day at my place where the plants are so i dont really have a choice but also dont want the quality to be bad after spending sooo much time growing them. any info on those subjects would be awesome. thanks to everyone here on 420mag its made my first grow much better than it would have been without you guys!!

Back
Top Bottom