Live peat moss

aliennnz

Hey I'm just wondering if there is any benefit on putting LIVE peat moss on top of the soil and simply let it grow on the soil surface? I'm just wondering because I'm reading about Peat moss with plants and I'm wondering if there is any benefits in growing the live green Peat moss on the surface of the soil

Many experienced growers use a cover crop to help the soil and their plants since it helps microbes do their job. As long as your live peat is not plagued with nasties like spider mites, thrips etc should be beneficial.
So having a peat moss covering the soil is actually benefitial to the plant? Good! Just wanted to know since I see it in bonsais for example. I read that having moss on top of then soil can be dangerous if the moss retains most of the water instead of the soil

Not sure how well it would do mate, moss likes much more acidic soil than cannabis and generally much wetter soil than our girls like. It may not grow in the soil your plant is in.

If you want green mulch/cover crop, clover works well and can be turned into the soil at end of season to enrich the nitrogen in your soil, it is a “green” manure.

Any bags I have used or not, that I take outside for other plants will be stored outside in shed. Won’t be coming back inside. Wether I use em or not. Spider mites on our first plant last summer had em after I brought that plant inside. Not risking happening again.

Not sure how well it would do mate, moss likes much more acidic soil than cannabis and generally much wetter soil than our girls like. It may not grow in the soil your plant is in.

If you want green mulch/cover crop, clover works well and can be turned into the soil at end of season to enrich the nitrogen in your soil, it is a “green” manure.

What a great information!!!

Thank you so much :)

Back
Top Bottom