Live reservoir & root rot

TripleCchronic

I started my first ever grow on January 26th and it has been going pretty well so far. I have had some nutrient build up on my roots but have been rinsing off the buildup with pH'd water almost every day. I really want to run a live reservoir and was using NPK RAW microbes that the hydroponic store recommended and that's when the build up on the roots started. My last reservoir change I left them out and have since added UC Roots. I thought that UC roots and Hydroguard were similar products but im having my doubts now as most of the things iv been reading regarding UC roots are from people who run sterile. So if im using UC roots will it kill any Bennys I add? Only issue with getting Hydroguard instead is that in Canada its $80 a Litre.:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:. Im looking for recommendations on products for root matinance/preventing root rot and running a live reservoir. I know Advanced Nutrients has Voodoo Juice, Tarantula and Piranha but other than these and Orca I'm having trouble finding Bennies.
1582904226080.png

1582904275440.png

The First pic is what the roots look like before I rinse them, The second on is after.

To me, a LIVE reservoir is pretty tuff, goopies are attracted to the water, thus why we change DWC rezz weekly

And washing roots daily is completely non productive or beneficial like DWC grows are supposed to be....easy

I started my first ever grow on January 26th and it has been going pretty well so far. I have had some nutrient build up on my roots but have been rinsing off the buildup with pH'd water almost every day. I really want to run a live reservoir and was using NPK RAW microbes that the hydroponic store recommended and that's when the build up on the roots started. My last reservoir change I left them out and have since added UC Roots. I thought that UC roots and Hydroguard were similar products but im having my doubts now as most of the things iv been reading regarding UC roots are from people who run sterile. So if im using UC roots will it kill any Bennys I add? Only issue with getting Hydroguard instead is that in Canada its $80 a Litre.:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:. Im looking for recommendations on products for root matinance/preventing root rot and running a live reservoir. I know Advanced Nutrients has Voodoo Juice, Tarantula and Piranha but other than these and Orca I'm having trouble finding Bennies.
1582904226080.png

1582904275440.png

The First pic is what the roots look like before I rinse them, The second on is after.

I recommend keeping your nutrients simple while you learn. It's better to build on success.

I add bacteria/fungal spores weekly to my recirculating system. It helps control organic buildup from previous grows (dead roots). Also plants in living soil have an active microbiome so why not hydroponics. My plants seems to like it but I don't look at the roots. Keep temperatures down, give lots of aeration, and don't overfeed soluble carbon to the system.

Don't run live rez, you'll be fighting microbe wars forever. You're using UC roots that's a good start. UC roots is chlorine in water--hypochlorous acid. It's very good as a sterile solution.

Use UC roots as weekly maintainence with UV-sterilized water in a fresh reservoir change & every top-up and you'll never see pathogens throughout the rest of your grow. But if you're using UC Roots with bennies then you're almost guaranteed to have killed off all the good&bad bacteria, and when the UC roots deactivate in the water after 2-3 days, you'll have a buffet of dead bacteria that the slightest amount of water mold, slime, or any other pathogens that get reintroduced will have a feast on.

Keep using UC Roots and dunk the dark coloured roots in H202 solution 3% for 10s and watch the shit clear. Once roots are nice and cream-coloured, put it back in Rez with a fresh dose of UC roots. Use UC roots every 2-3 days until infection clears.

Another alternative like I said in your other thread is to use Hydro Sparkle from DNF. Available at Homegrown Hydroponics in Canada. It's a polyquat algicide and it's better for maintaining rez than UC roots, and doesn't use chlorine. Don't use UC Roots together with Hydro Sparkle though!

Back
Top Bottom