420 Magazine Background

Living In Joy - Community Thoughts On Optimism

walleye

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
You moved me to tears walleye. :5: :5: :5: That was beautiful.

The line that hit me the hardest was "They don't let women kill you in the Tower of Song." All I could think is "Why do people hurt each other when we came here to love and be loved in return?"

walleye

Me too. A friend sent that this morning, so I just passed it along again.

SweetSue

Member of the Year: 2015 & 2016 - Member of the Month: Mar 2015, Sept 2016 - Nug of the Month: Oct 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Dec 2016
Ok....this one is perfect for this thread. :4:

MimiCozelle

Oh Sue, What a wonderful thread! I haven't made it through all of it yet, I've had to stop to cry and laugh. I want to take my time reading through it and let the wisdom sink in. I lost a lot of my self about 9 years ago and I've been stuck, trying to figure out what to do next, nothing I've tried has worked out and it's been a slow spiral downward. It seems my life has been in a constant stage of crisis management, illness, loss of a business I loved, loss of the ability to support myself in the manner I was used to, depression, identity theft, dead Cannabis plants (lol) and the list goes on. I feel it getting heavier and heavier and harder to pull myself out of and sometimes ending in a huge pity party, which I HATE! I know I'm focusing on all the bad and skimming over the good while watching around every corner for the next bad thing to happen. I'm going to try to use your tactics in this thread to try to get back to who I am. Thanks so much for sharing.

SweetSue

Oh Sue, What a wonderful thread! I haven't made it through all of it yet, I've had to stop to cry and laugh. I want to take my time reading through it and let the wisdom sink in. I lost a lot of my self about 9 years ago and I've been stuck, trying to figure out what to do next, nothing I've tried has worked out and it's been a slow spiral downward. It seems my life has been in a constant stage of crisis management, illness, loss of a business I loved, loss of the ability to support myself in the manner I was used to, depression, identity theft, dead Cannabis plants (lol) and the list goes on. I feel it getting heavier and heavier and harder to pull myself out of and sometimes ending in a huge pity party, which I HATE! I know I'm focusing on all the bad and skimming over the good while watching around every corner for the next bad thing to happen. I'm going to try to use your tactics in this thread to try to get back to who I am. Thanks so much for sharing.
Well, you found the right thread to help you overcome the cycle of looking at what is when it's much more productive to focus on what wonders lie ahead. :5::5::5::5::5:

You'll probably enjoy the companion thread where I work on advanced principles of deliberate living. Feel free to stop by. The Path

walleye

deep is your mud? I love waking to coffee and music, makes me feel good. Chopping, extracting, and RV packing , road trip!!

SweetSue

YouTube How deep is your mud? I love waking to coffee and music, makes me feel good. Chopping, extracting, and RV packing , road trip!!
Ooooo..... Road trip! :woohoo: Have a wonderful time walleye. :5:

walleye

Last edited:

walleye

SweetSue

I loved the music too! Oh my gosh walleye, that was delightfully playful. :woohoo:

I used to send Cajun videos like that to inspire him to get out there and play. :laugh2: It's been a while since I went looking for them. Thank you for that. :5::5::5:

SweetSue

I always believed optimism was something only endlessly happy people had mastered; whereas, pessimism was the gift of the constantly miserable. After all, it's easy to have a happy outlook on the future when you are already happy.Life is a puzzle, then remember every day is just one little piece. Even if one tiny puzzle piece doesn't make perfect sense on its own, we have to assume it's an important part of the bigger picture.Life is in a constant state of change. Sometimes, you might be trapped in a situation that you feel will last forever.But even the least optimistic person logically knows that nothing stays the same. No one has ever lived a life of only highs or only lows. The point is to appreciate the good times when you have them and not to let the bad times rule your life
Which is exactly how optimistically-oriented people see it. When your endocannabinoid system is out of whack you sometimes can't see the answers to your questions when you're looking right at them. This is where training becomes so valuable. Even an optimistic person can benefit greatly from the deliberate act of choosing to be happy and taking methodical steps to help the brain make the shift to more beneficial hormonal and neurotransmitter dumps.

To choose to be deliberate in your happiness opens a door to ever-expanding possibility. No one is bound by their current nature. Basic biology says thought will change cellular expression. Change your thoughts and you change your body's expression of you.

Pessimism brings with it a cascade of chemicals that degrade your health. Optimism creates health. Deliberate optimism maintains health. And social interaction supports the ECS in its endeavor to keep you healthy and strong. :welcome: Ingrid. So good to meet you. :5:

SweetSue

walleye

SweetSue

OH, that was so much fun. :4:

Top Bottom